I don't know why, but I want a Peace Maker II

Call me crazy but I like solid (hard) PM sheaths. So much more robust for guys like me that store their knives on the floor of their truck cabin.

Never had a kydex sheath but every one I have seen has that wide boundary area where I guess they join the top and bottom of the sheath in moulding/manufacture. I hate the look and the concept. The PM sheath lacks that flat edge area which i think is way better albeit there are no lashing points as provided on the typical kydex sheath.
Yeah, if you want lashing points, you'll have to get creative, maybe glue something on.

Lordy here I go again. I shouldn't have watched that video !, lol. And I went through a Mora thing years ago already. I literally have 15-20 scattered around. This stuff is like a bag of warm pop corn !

Lordy here I go again. I shouldn't have watched that video !, lol. And I went through a Mora thing years ago already. I literally have 15-20 scattered around. This stuff is like a bag of warm pop corn !
Yes, but this is an overgrown, cornbread-fed Mora! It's nice!

The Peace Maker III has arrived!

Again, it feels like Cold Steel, solid in the hand. Interestingly, it is different than my PM II.
  • The rubber on my PMIII is stiffer. The softer rubber on my PMII has already started rubbing off at the retention notches.
  • The PMIII blade has more of a mirror polish, compared to the more satin finish on its big brother.
  • Unfortunately, the corners on the PMIII are more rounded off, but it would not take long to square the up. This was are really big plus on the PMII, which is easy to make fire with
  • The proportions on the smaller PMIII handle actually fit my hand better. I think the PMII handler is a bit taller than it is wide, which is less comfortable.
  • Because of the full tang and the shorter blade, the center of balance is 1" behind the guard of the PMIII.
  • There is 1/4" less exposed handle on the PMIII, which makes it harder to draw
What a nice little knife. I have no doubt it will work well for camping, bushcraft, and utility around the house.
IMG-20200413-213605667-HDR.jpg

Okay, these knives won't win any beauty pageants, but they are beautiful in function.

The Peace Maker III has arrived!

Again, it feels like Cold Steel, solid in the hand. Interestingly, it is different than my PM II.
  • The rubber on my PMIII is stiffer. The softer rubber on my PMII has already started rubbing off at the retention notches.
  • The PMIII blade has more of a mirror polish, compared to the more satin finish on its big brother.
  • Unfortunately, the corners on the PMIII are more rounded off, but it would not take long to square the up. This was are really big plus on the PMII, which is easy to make fire with
  • The proportions on the smaller PMIII handle actually fit my hand better. I think the PMII handler is a bit taller than it is wide, which is less comfortable.
  • Because of the full tang and the shorter blade, the center of balance is 1" behind the guard of the PMIII.
  • There is 1/4" less exposed handle on the PMIII, which makes it harder to draw
What a nice little knife. I have no doubt it will work well for camping, bushcraft, and utility around the house.
IMG-20200413-213605667-HDR.jpg

Okay, these knives won't win any beauty pageants, but they are beautiful in function.

Congrats on the new arrival. Feel free to mod the handle and sheath as you see fit.

Your going to enjoy carrying it. Mine has all but replaced a folder in my pocket.

The point of balance like you said just makes for a more nimble knife;

nimble in the hand + grippy handle + thin slicey blade + lives comfortable in a pocket + easy draw = what's not to love.

Don't compare the II & III, they offer different things. Appreciate what they bring as individuals and love them for what they are.

Don't compare the II & III, they offer different things. Appreciate what they bring as individuals and love them for what they are.
It almost sounds like you are talking about children. You are right, they are both great knives.
Thanks for your reply, I may just mod the sheath on the PMIII.

It almost sounds like you are talking about children. You are right, they are both great knives.
Thanks for your reply, I may just mod the sheath on the PMIII.

I think a lot of people mod the sheath, I plan to.

Never made a sheath before but I got this idea of making a wooden sheath for the III.

I don't even know why I got the idea but it won't go away. Prob is don't the skills.

I think a lot of people mod the sheath, I plan to.

Never made a sheath before but I got this idea of making a wooden sheath for the III.

I don't even know why I got the idea but it won't go away. Prob is don't the skills.
You gotta go for it. You are going to learn so much! I'm sure it will work out just fine.

Fixed blades are stronger, faster to draw, easier to maintain... and cheaper too. So many benefits, I'm lucky to be legally allowed to carry one.
Yes indeed! If I could conceal carry a fixed blade, I would totally EDC a small one.

IMG-20200421-232819614.jpg

I cut down the sheath on my PMIII. Compare with photos in post #25, you'll see I trimmed about 1/2" off the ears. It makes a big difference on the draw, I can get 3 fingers on the handle and it feels much more natural. I used a pair of scissors, then did a little bit of trimming around the edges with a my Bird and Trout. Will probably do the same on the PMII sheath at some point. The PMII has more handle sticking out with an unmodded sheath, so it's not as pressing.

Last edited:
I'm looking at PMIII now that my girlfriend wants to take my Boker GoBag :D

She wants to carry a knife too lol

I'm looking at PMIII now that my girlfriend wants to take my Boker GoBag :D

She wants to carry a knife too lol
PMIII is the perfect gobag knife. Doesn't cost much in case you never need it. When you do, it won't let you down.

You're a gentleman for sharing your knives :D:thumbsup:

Back