I expected a better fit & finish from an Emerson.

Going back to my posting of 8/13...in this last few weeks the knife has broken in very well, is much smoother and solid as a rock. I love my A-100.

I just got my CQC-12 in the mail today (yesterday since it's past midnight) and it's badass. Perfect fit and finish, lock-up is second to none, and the Ti is great. This knife came out of the box screaming to cut something. The blade is perfectly centered when opened and closed, sharpest thing I've pulled out from a box, and has easily replaced every knife I own for my EDC position.

Forget buying an overpriced Sebbie, I'll stick with this thing, rugged and tacticle. I can't wait to take it camping, I'll do a review on a seperate post.

As to some of you guys having the "gritty" problem, I've usually gone to a hardware store and purchased teflon/plastic washers and simply replaced the ones that come with the EKI knives. Works like a charm and feels a lot smoother if you buy the right ones. I won't have to do to this knife though, I swear a ray of light shined in from outside when I opened it :D.

I have no problems with my Commander as long as I take care of it.

Once every 2-3 months or so, I take it apart, clean out the insides, especially the washers and the surfaces where the washers contact. Then I apply a TINY bit of lubricant (Militec-1) to the blade and liner surfaces. The key here is TINY. Apply a drop to a tissue, and wipe the greased tissue on your knife. Then reassemble and tighten. I can tighten down the pivot screw so that there's no play, yet the blade stays fluid smooth.

I carry it every day, so it gets exposed to dust, pocket lint, etc. which tend to get into the mechanics and dirty up the action. If you don't carry it as much, then you might only need to do that once a year.

It's all about taking care of what matters to you.

Back