I forgot my knife tonight!!

Well, I sure hope that you don't need it tonight!
For the last 20something years, I've had SOME sort of edged tool on my person whenever I left the house. On Memorial Day, while swimming at a friends, an innebriated aquaintence attacked me with a large steel pipe. Luckily, I was in control of my facilities (and outweighed him by 100 pounds or so), and the incident led to no harm to myself. But looking back, I sure would have felt more secure with that option!

My other "backups" consist of a Leatherman WAVE (2 blades handy) and a Spiderco Rescue mounted on my sun visor (Guess I heard one too many stories of people getting trapped by their seatbelts in MVA's, and wanted to supple a future good samatitan.
:)

Oh, and I keep one of those handy, wallet size survival tools behind my badge in its wallet.

I've done "the pat" now for months, after losing my trusty Endura and "misplacing" my Calypso Jr. and Endura II for weeks at a time (my place of employment is a veritable black hole). I now do the pat down every 5 minutes or so. It's healthy to be paranoid.
smile.gif

And for the record, I've NEVER forgotten a knife at home. Even when I forget my wallet. And if it ever happens, I've got my trusty Olfa knife at work.
smile.gif

------------------
Shawn
"Earth has its boundaries, but human stupidity is limitless."

[This message has been edited by swball (edited 17 August 1999).]

I'm with Krom in having forgotten everything but the knife. But just in case, I keep a knife in the work bag, one in the office desk and another in the car. Now I have just have stash some in strategic points along my route to work.
wink.gif

sing

I always put my knife with my keys when I get home from work. I've forgotten my knife, but then that means I've forgotten my keys, therefore I can't leave until I get both. Crazy but it works for me.

Back