I have $100 cash, and a $50 debit card... how would YOU spend it???

madcap... I was kinda wondering the same thing... but, to each their own. That's actually really weird now that I think of it. Hmm... glad I collect knives, lol.

Ha,
Cleary

FliGuyRyan said:
...But for now, PFC Cleary, who still lives with his parents (trying to save money and get out of debt) ...
I think you made a bad decision. You should have put that $150 against your debt.

But, whatever. Enjoy your knives.

We'll see... maybe I'll put the $100 cash toward debt, and the $50 gift card toward something in the knife arena. What do you think blade?

Cleary

laCie said:
i agree... also a mini skirmish would be a good choice... i was thinking a manix also but i've never had one... but i've heard goood things...
The Manix is great. It is more practical than the Skirmish, and the G-10 scales don't show wear and dirt as easily. It has great ergos, too. But I prefer the Skirmish because it is so sexy. It makes my heart beat faster. The Skirmish is the beauty and the beast in one knife. And it is very tough and capable. The Manix is, IMO, a better work knife. But the Skirmish is the one I'd rather own if I could only have one.

blade_guy said:
I thought the Al Mar SERE 2000 is the best knife for $150 and under... ;)

I'll have to check out the evil looking Skirmish...
Ask me on another day and I might say the SERE 2000 is better. My preferences jump around so much.

Whether the Skirmish, Manix, or SERE2K is better is a matter of taste, of course. But they are so close in terms of overall goodness, that which I prefer depends on my mood.

The SERE2K is a great knife and a bargain. The Skirmish just turns me on a little more. Like the Manix, I think I'd prefer the SERE2K as a work knife, though. The Skirmish shows dirt too easily and the blade has trouble getting between bundles and bundle straps because of how thick it is from edge to spine. But to me, the knife-owning experience goes beyond going with me to work. The Skirmish is the knife I fondle several times a day and tend to prefer for non-work EDC.

Buy a Spydie Dragonfly for your mom, give her a hug, and put the remaining $120 toward debt payoff.

:thumbup:

Back