I hope my mistake can help some one

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Frozen Bear Trading, Jun 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frozen Bear Trading

Frozen Bear Trading

Feb 22, 2019
    This is why I said what I said. Here a a complete stranger , that may or may not seen me, that can see all my posts. Being rude and forward because there are no repercussions for internet words.
    Here is the prime example

DocJD likes this.
  2. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    LOL lick my asshole you troll. I have ZERO fucks to give tonight and am just saying what a lot of members probably want to say.

3. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Platinum Member

Mar 15, 2016
    I missed his other threads....those are some classics!

palonej, jlauffer and Murphjd25 like this.
  4. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Platinum Member

Mar 15, 2016
    IBTL(ing)

jbmonkey, jlauffer and Murphjd25 like this.
  5. Murphjd25

Apr 27, 2016
    Hopefully it gets locked I just can’t deal with stupid anymore, i deal with it on a daily basis!

JBC6650 and jlauffer like this.
  6. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    LOL, dang:D

Quiet, jlauffer and Murphjd25 like this.
  7. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    Yikes! I recently added QuikClot to my backpack first aid kit, but don't know if that would have helped in your case. Thanks for the wakeup -- my stitches are a constant reminder to me, too.

8. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    OP :Great thread and a good reminder to take precautions and be prepared . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This goes double if you must take anticoagulants . :(

9. Murphjd25

Apr 27, 2016
    I just batoned a bunch of kindling tonight too, SAFELY and still have all my limbs! It’s not hard to use a sharp knife properly and for its intended purpose. Mall ninjas and all lmao

10. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig

Feb 29, 2008

Don't be so defensive. It was a good thing to post and may save someone down the road.
    Accidents happen and the better prepared we are the better our chances when they do happen
    Glad you are OK

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Frozen Bear Trading likes this.
  11. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    one warning for trolling and insults issued with points.
    Keep it civil.

Tjstampa, Yo Mama and marcinek like this.
  12. Frozen Bear Trading

Frozen Bear Trading

Feb 22, 2019
    So specifically what did I do? What did I post that was so stupid? You think the story is made up ? You talk alot of nonsense with out facts partner

13. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Warning has been issued. Time to drop that and move on with the thread.

14. JBC6650

JBC6650 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2008
    So what were you doing or carving and what kind of knife were you using? Looks pretty bad, I've cut my finger, a knuckle and my thumb but nothing close to this.

15. Lance Leon

Lance Leon Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2017
    My take away from the thread: I'm glad I don't actually use my knives and just play with them. /s

Also, time to go exploring through someone's post history. Thanks folks.

SeppukuSamurai, palonej and WValtakis like this.
  16. Monofletch

Monofletch Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Oh, wow. Not to bust on the OP or whoever was injured but there are 101 things on your person to use as a tourniquet. T shirt? Shoe string? Pant leg..... I’m sure it’s hard to think about stuff when you are loosing that much blood.

ScooterG, WValtakis and jux t like this.
  17. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    My take away from this thread is to be sure to take some kind of first aid stuff with you in the woods. It doesn't have to be much and you can buy some of the off the shelf small kits. I need to review my needs a bit in this department.

I while back I was taking pictures using a large tripod (working out of my pickup versus hiking). Yes, I was carrying a fixed blade on my belt. I was in a hurry to set it up and in closing one of the leg locks on the tripod, I pinched my finger pretty hard to the point I was bleeding profusely from a gouge wound. I didn't even have a bandaid with me and a nice lady gave me one. When I got back, I immediately placed band aides in my truck where I can find them quickly for myself or someone in need. Maybe need to consider the tourniquet thing.... First aid issues can be important.

I discovered that I did in fact have a first aid kit in my truck all the time....

It does little good to "have" first aid materials with you IF you can't even find them in the clutter. The same kind of thing applies to emergency equipment such as a glass breaker or seat belt cutter.... you don't have 15 minutes to dig around looking for stuff. I keep a medium sized first aid kit under the seat of my truck all the time.... but did I even think that I had it when I needed it....? Nope... Open them up and actually look at the materials that are stored in there and replace things that need replacing from time to time.

Added: I often forget to carry a smaller kit in my day pack if I am tromping around in the woods.... what can happen, right? The thing is, the kit supplies may not be for you. You may need to try to render aid to someone else. This is important and basic humanity stuff.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    DocJD, Hurrul and WValtakis like this.
  18. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    DocJD likes this.
  19. Monofletch

Monofletch Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Improvised tourniquets are better than what he had- that’s for sure!
    I’m not going to use this shoe string and stick to twist around my severed arm.... it isn’t approved by 9 out of 10 doctors and pharmacists. Plus it’s probably only 92% effective.

20. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Accidents with knives happen....we all have been there. And while it's important to prepare for them and know first aid, and it's important for everyone to have an "exit plan" in place, there are 2 other very important things.

1) Proper technique...it exists to reduce the chance of injury
    2) Knives may or may not be weapons, but they are definitely NOT toys.

You don't know what you are doing or you screw around with knives and your chances of getting hurt, potentially fatally, goes up exponentially.

Particularly as we enter summer. The number of adults, and especially kids/teen out of school, blissfully and blindly whacking away at trees and doing other nonsense with knives is going to skyrocket.

We all know hurting ourselves with our knives is a result of our own mistakes.

Don't make it worse being stupid...knives aren't toys.

Stay safe! :thumbsup:

Tjstampa and craytab like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.