"I Just Want to Say One Word to You...Plastics" Show Your Delrin Clad Traditionals

The title is a partial quote from one of my favorite movies, "The Graduate" where Mr. McGuire is trying to steer Benjamin (Dustin Hoffman) into a career in plastics. Anyway, show us your traditional knives clad in Dupont's Delrin, and tell us why, if you do, prefer Delrin over the other "natural" scales used by many manufacturer's.

Last edited:
I absolutely love the yellow delrin by case. Not to say I dont like natural handle materials, there is something about that yellow plastic that just look so good next to a CV blade. There also is a cost difference between certain handle materials and delrin. Essentially you get the same blade/blade performance at $5-20 less the cost. Plus my daughter says she likes the yellow knives :D OH and the yellow makes it cut better ;)

This isnt a Case but it is a very important knife in yellow. My fathers childhood knife, Kutmaster.

Wow I was clearly still half asleep when I read your thread this morning! I just saw pictures of delrin scaled knives & started posting away lol. I deleted all my other pictures & I have will add a picture of a delrin Case knife to the thread here in a bit. I still can't believe I posted up picture of about every brand but Case. :)

Last edited:
Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I could have sworn there were a number of Delrin Case knives posted here over the years.

I only have one in Delrin. 6214 1/2. I was more after the discontinued model than the handle material.
I do like delrin just fine though.

09anNP5l.jpg

...Anyway, show us your Case knives clad in Dupont's Delrin, and tell us why, if you do, prefer Delrin over the other "natural" scales used by Case.
I don't prefer Delrin over other materials per se. I don't have pics of all of my Delrin-handled knives. Here are a couple, though.

Throw in a Buck while I'm at it.

I own quite a few Delrin handled Case knives and all are good knives - I like Delrin just fine, but I like a bone handled knife just as well and they are nicer to look at. Here are a few of mine, old and new, I think all are Delrin and not another plastic. OH

Case_6332_-_Delrin_Stock_Knife_-_1973.jpg

Case_3247H_SS_Bird_Hook_-_2012.JPG

Case_6207_-_Dogleg_Jack_-_1975.JPG

Case_6235_1-2_Jack_Knife_1978.jpg

No Delrin among my Case knives. The Old Timer cabinet is full of the stuff though. :)

DSC_1240.jpg

The latest Case Delrin I picked up over last summer:

caseyellerstock.jpg

and a jigged yellow Peanut:

caseyellerpeanut.jpg

Queen Delrin

Jigged Black Cherry
attachment.php

Smooth Black Cherry
attachment.php

Forest Edge
attachment.php

No crazy marketing name....black delrin
attachment.php

Camilius
...black delrin
attachment.php

Could someone tell me the model number of this case, please? This was a SFO for Smoky Mtn knife works. It took me a couple years to find one in this condition once I made my mind up to get one.

Thank you. :)

Back