I know something you don't know.

Murphnuge

Something I never thought would end up on the T.M. Hunt Custom Knives design table will be leaving the shop soon as a Christmas gift. It's bushcrafty, but I ain't saying anymore. Todd will post pix....eventually.

I'll let the cat out of the bag, I've swore I would never fool with scandi ground knives. I understand they have there place, I'm not bashing them, there just not my thing. Well, Christmas time brings in a lot of different things. I get a lot of clients that where I've known for years, some ex colleague's people I know wanting gifts for X-mas etc. So, I end up doing a lot of stuff this time of year I don't normally do.

A lady I worked with several years ago called me wanting a knife for her son. Ironically, I was working with her when the boy was born, now to make me feel old, I learned that he is now 18 yrs. old. His mother informed me that he liked the puukko style knives and sent me a pic as a example. Now, I've never made this style of knife, so I took the project thinking it would be fun, and to get reacquainted with a old friend, but I never honestly expected that I would actually convince myself I like this style of knife, granted, I put my own little T.M.Hunt stink on it, but almost hate to let this little number go. But then again, there all that way.....

I'm at my daughters swim meet right now, I will take and post pics later today.

Last edited:
Behold..........

No sheath yet, but I will knock that out in the next couple of weeks...... Thanks for lookin.

Last edited:
good looking knife -- funny thing, I saw it in Murph's beer post first and Puukko is what came to mind, so you must have done something right on the design! ;)

This opens up a new world of possibilities.

Your work continues to impress, Todd. Thanks for pics.

That looks like pretty thin stock, too. 3/32"?

Completely sick yet again. :thumbup:

That's beautiful! like the green accent and the grain on the handle:thumbup: the mosaic pin ties it together! Another great piece!

Beautiful work, as expected,Todd. Really is going to make someone a great tool & something to show off for years. Thanks for sharing

A very nice, good looking AND very practical knife.

Maybe if I eat my Wheaties (tm) every day, I'll make something half as nice.

Back