I like big Blades and I cannot lie

That Sasquatch is growing on me, please remove the picture of it!!!

Last edited:
zmbhntr you are like the Norman Rockwell of big a$$ blades!

qDY6lX2.jpg

Haha, unfortunately those knives are not all mine. That pic is from a camping trip earlier this year where there were 5 of us knife nuts.

The Force is "STRONG" around that Sasquatch and MOAB! Thanks for the INFO

Last edited:
My BB13 arrived today! Here it is compared to a few others:

Naturally, I needed to test her out. I didn't do any exhaustive testing because my time was limited today, I just wanted to be able to get a first impression. With that in mind I chopped some 2x4's and some 1x3's with my 1311, BB13, and Sasquatch. Keep in mind that my 1311 was the first knife that I ever really liked with a res-c handle (I had previously bought and sold a Basic 6 LE and a Basic 8 LE because they didn't feel right to me). Upon picking up the BB13 it became pretty obvious that it is a dedicated chopper; it is very blade heavy. The balance point on the BB13 is ~4.5" from the handle, compared to the 1311 balance point being ~3.75" from the handle, and the Sasquatch, NMFBM, and MOAB (mine is the "skinny" MOAB) all having a balance point ~2.5" from the handle. Because of the balance point it felt at home chopping, but it does not feel like it would be a comfortable knife to do camp tasks with. My biggest issue with the BB13 is that it does not feel as stable in my hands as I would like when swinging hard. The Busse fusion handles, and especially the handle on the Sasquatch, really fill my hand and provide a great grip when swinging hard; the res-c does not provide that same level of comfort on the BB13. To me the res-c handle works very well on the 1311, but the 1311 feels very light and nimble in the hand compared to the BB13. I of course realize that everyone has their own preferences and tastes, but my first impression is that the 1311 and the Sasquatch both suite my tastes more than the BB13. That being said, the BB13 is a great knife and it's a lot of fun, and in time I may grow to feel differently.

I'd love to hear other people's opinions. Here are a couple more pics from today:

Looking good B. Gotta get some of my beasts together for a photo soon. Has anyone tried out a CS WTF yet? I've only gotten to screw around with mine. Haven't had any good chopping sessions in a while.

Very cool zmbhntr! Looking forward to some choppin' time in those WV woods with ya brother...I'll have mine in hand Friday.

Very good write up, i'm surprised there haven't been more reports pictures or videos of people using this beast, it's definitely not designed to be a safe queen.
Thanks!

I picked up the BB13 BG today. It definitely qualifies as a huge knife. Some others for scale.

Weights are interesting.

BB13 - 21.62 ounces
1111 - 20.92 ounces
Dog Father - 20.88 ounces
MMD - 24.94 ounces

I was a little surprised that the CGBB13 is as light and nimble as it is, no doubt helped by the extra surface grinding. It is still much heftier and blade heavy than the 1311 or 1111. I can't do any chopping for a couple of weeks, but did use the BB13 to slice up some cardboard just for the hell of it. Despite it's size, it felt manageable and the small choil area did allow me to choke up for some more control and a slightly more balanced feel in hand.

I can relate to what Zmbhntr said about the handle. I like the standard res-c handle a lot on my other knives, but for a second at first, the size of the bb13 blade made the handle feel smaller than I was used to. :confused: I may also be a little spoiled by the shape of the grips on my DTBM. Even though it's not really pure chopper, that handle has always felt awesome.

Can't draw any conclusions about the stability questions with the bb13 until I've chopped with it, but I guess one option would be to give a h/t to THT and get some hockey tape to beef up the grip. I'm also curious/tempted by the idea of stripping the blade and then regrinding the flat sabre into a full convex, which would shave off some more weight and maybe take it to the next level, but that's probably a long way off.

v2qmpt.jpg

First thing I'm doing is stripping it.....as soon as it comes out of the tactical sheath. My bottle of Citristrip and sandpaper stack are ready for much work.

Thanks guys. I received a couple questions about my little BB13 write-up, and I want to make sure that I'm clear, I'm very happy that I bought the BB13. The knife is a great value for the amount of INFI you get for the price, and it is an excellent chopper. Because of the balance, it's not a great all-around knife, but not very many people would consider any knife with a 13" blade an "all-around" knife (but I do :) ). At any rate, I'm very glad that Busse decided to surface grind the BB13's to remove some material and help out the balance some, I can't imagine what it would have felt like prior to that. I also want to reiterate that the coating is very smooth on the BB13, so I'm sure the metal underneath the coating is gorgeous.

Holy Geeze!!!!! What a sexy line-up!
What is that silver monster on the right?
Who makes it? Is it still available? How much did it cost?

It's a Dan Keffeler Sasquatch. If you look back through this thread you can read quite a bit about the knife. Dan Keffeler also posted his contact details in the thread.

Thanks for the reply!
Sorry for not taking the time to check what was said earlier, I'll try to be more astute in the future.

I'll look into Mr. Keffeler's stuff for sure. That thing is gorgeous

^--- I sooooooooooooooo want a Keffeler Sasquatch now. Curse you zmbhntr!!! :grumpy: --- ;)

^--- I sooooooooooooooo want a Keffeler Sasquatch now. Curse you zmbhntr!!! :grumpy: --- ;)

Yea it's because of him that I'm getting one. It went out to hear treat 2 days ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I received a couple questions about my little BB13 write-up, and I want to make sure that I'm clear, I'm very happy that I bought the BB13. The knife is a great value for the amount of INFI you get for the price, and it is an excellent chopper. Because of the balance, it's not a great all-around knife, but not very many people would consider any knife with a 13" blade an "all-around" knife (but I do :) ). At any rate, I'm very glad that Busse decided to surface grind the BB13's to remove some material and help out the balance some, I can't imagine what it would have felt like prior to that. I also want to reiterate that the coating is very smooth on the BB13, so I'm sure the metal underneath the coating is gorgeous.

It's a Dan Keffeler Sasquatch. If you look back through this thread you can read quite a bit about the knife. Dan Keffeler also posted his contact details in the thread.

Are you going to Give the BB13 Battle Grade a try ? It is thinner and lighter than the INFI Combat Grade BB13.

Back