1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

I need a good small pocket knife with a bottle opener.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BigJerk, Oct 11, 2010.

1. BigJerk

BigJerk

Jan 26, 2010
    Any suggestions? Like most of you, I never leave the house without a good blade. But now I'm looking for a decent to good quality, small folding pocket knife that has a bottle opener and a pocket clip. Does such a thing exist? I want this knife to take to parties and what not, so lightweight and under 3" with a bottle opener would be great. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

2. JeremiahWeaver09

JeremiahWeaver09

Nov 13, 2009
  3. Spyderco Delica 4 with Emerson Wave Opener.

4. brandonc

brandonc

Mar 16, 2008
    You can open a bottle with pretty much anything if you know the technique. I've used the liners on my spyderco military, and the spine on my buck 110.

5. twid

twid

Apr 7, 2009
    I like the alox Bantam, no pocket clip though.
    [​IMG]

Delica 4 wave will work too. (ZippoThisKnifeThat beat me to it)
    [​IMG]

6. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
  7. Wevil

Wevil

May 11, 2010
    I use my Waved Spyderco Endura to open bottles all the time. Works pretty good.

8. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    Leatherman Skeletool.

9. bpiatt

bpiatt

Jun 17, 2010
    just get a really nice knife and use the blade for cutting and keep a lighter in your pocket for popping bottles =D. can shoot them bottle caps far with a lighter

10. ibute21

ibute21 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Another vote for the waved Delica. I'd say get the Endura but you want small. I seriously take my waved Endura if I know im gonna be opening bottles (parties).

11. KNaB

KNaB

Oct 18, 2008
    byrd firebyrd?

12. Cynic2701

Cynic2701

Mar 31, 2009
    You might consider picking up a Gerber Shard. It's a great little tool that you can put on your keychain.

And it has several more uses beyond just bottle opening!

13. otis williams

otis williams

May 27, 2008
    i keep a buck metro on my keyring. the little blade works pretty good for small tasks. i guess the price has gone up a little since i got mine.

[​IMG]

14. stevekt

stevekt

Dec 10, 2003
    Sanrenmu 763 and T21. You can get both knives shipped for about $30.00 on the big auction site.

15. freedoom

freedoom

Jan 31, 2010
    How about a nice Michael Morris Friction Folder? the tang is also a bottle opener.

[​IMG]

16. effer

effer

Feb 13, 2009
    +1
    Learn the technique and you can EDC whatever you want and open bottles all day (and night) long. You can open one bottle using another bottle, if you want to show off :)

17. freedoom

freedoom

Jan 31, 2010
    Don't forget that if the contents of the bottle are under pressure you can sabre the end of the bottle off like with a bottle of champagne.

[youtube]NqZMJ9NZ26M[/youtube]

18. Tony8179

Tony8179

Feb 20, 2008
    I haven't used a bottle opener in years. You can open a bottle with almost anything. The lever is one of the oldest tools known to man. If you want to use a knife, just get the lever technique down and use the butt of your knife to top the pop.

19. ktomes_340

ktomes_340

Jun 21, 2007
    :D I know it's not a folder, but the new Gerber Epic is relatively small and compact and it has a bottle opener on the end.:D

20. Noctis3880

Noctis3880

Jul 22, 2009
    SAK or a nice multitool.