I pawned my knives--I feel so naked.

Well I had to pawn my knives the other day. I figured "Well, I have a bunch of them and I don't really need a knife." Two days later and I'm kicking myself because all I have left is a Gerber Ez-out and I hate combo blades.

I miss my SAK the most of all believe it or not. It just happens to have a lot of multi-tools that I use.

What I think is most funny is like, how much I thought it would be easy to get along without a knife, or get along with a dull one, but it seriously stinks.

I understand trying to thin out your collection, but why would you sell things that are of real use to you?

I have to imagine you would have gotten more cash selling here than at a pawn shop. How many knives were in your collection? I can understand wanting to get rid of them all at once for convenience but pawn shops are not exactly known for giving you the best return.

I have to imagine you would have gotten more cash selling here than at a pawn shop. How many knives were in your collection? I can understand wanting to get rid of them all at once for convenience but pawn shops are not exactly known for giving you the best return.

No kidding, or even selling on ebay.

Yup - scratching my head on this one as OP is not exactly a noobie.

Who cares? I'm sure he had his reasons.

That sucks OP. I know I could get by with a single knife but a dull one or one that dulls quickly? That would be lame.

Pawn shop would be absolute last resort for me. They couldn't have gave you any good amount of $ for them. Pawned a shotgun when i was a kid in desperate tempt for money.Never got it back and barely got anything for it. Never again will i pawn something or sell it there.

... I figured "Well, I have a bunch of them and I don't really need a knife."...

I miss my SAK the most of all believe it or not. It just happens to have a lot of multi-tools that I use.

What I think is most funny is like, how much I thought it would be easy to get along without a knife, or get along with a dull one, but it seriously stinks.

Looking at your your (the OP's) profile and post areas I find it unusual that (his)/you could make those statements. You've been here awhile the bulk of your/(his) post have been in knife related forums here do I have a hard time believing you did what you did.

I'm no one to judge, we do what we have to do for our own reasons, subsequently the results of those actions are all we have left to show for it.

Like had been said earlier, you'd have been better off selling here and the odds would be pretty good you'd be able to get them back from members here, I've seen it happen where years later a member winds up getting it back sometimes from another member.

Sorry you felt compelled to sell/pawn your knives, many times I've considered doing the same but I could never bring myself to pawn them knowing I'd never get the true value on 90% of my collection and at least if I got rid of them here if know where they were. ;) maybe even get to visit some of them once in a while. :)

What ever your reasoning, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

Very strange post, maybe he pawned his knives knowing that he will be able get them out of pawn when his finances straighten out. BFC being the place it is I would wager a bet that had he asked for help we would have risen to the occasion and tried to bail him out.

I hope it all works out............................................ but if not just WHAT was the name of that Pawn shop again?

Last edited:
Whateve is going down keep fighting and think of the new blades you will buy in the future!

I assume you got a single price for the lot of them. I can't imagine they'd give much more than a couple bucks for any one SAK.

Pawn shops are for buying mediocre tools at a high price and getting decent to mediocre prices for guns, not for selling anything, ever. That's what the internet is for!

My thought is that KennyB "had to" get rid of the knives fast. Pawn shops are good for that.

He certainly didn't get much of a return on the knife accumulation. But then, like guns, I don't expect to make money on such things.

If I did the same, I would probably miss my SAKs the most too.

Last edited:
Given the fact he said PAWN, we, as well as the OP, should be aware his full intent is to pick them back up once his payday rolls around. He got a loan on them. He didn't sell them, he just pawned them. Granted he'll have to pay 20% interest per month, but sometimes when you're in a bind, and you know you'll have the extra funds in a few weeks, pawning valuable items can help you out. I've done it many times in the past myself (not with knives though). So I'm sure he'll soon get them back.

Back