I really want to like CS's new Arkansas Toothpick, but...

Based on a customer product review on one of the big online dealers, the CS Arkansas Toothpick came with a tag listing it's blade steel as 1080 carbon. The tag also listed the country of origin as India.
So, the original plan for it to be made in Taiwan, and using 1055 carbon steel, must have been ditched at some point 🤔
Maybe supply chain issues or something else caused this to occur, but whatever the case was, these are coming from India with a 1080 carbon steel blade.

I had lost interest in buying it a long way back, and so it remains off of my wishlist.

Last edited:
I've also walked back my want for this after seeing the final version. The buttcap / pommel plate design killed it, too flat, and I hate the side grooves. You can see them well at around 12:20, also 13:50 ish in this video -

I could forgive a lot of things, but they just ruined it for me.

The buttcap / pommel plate design killed it, too flat, and I hate the side grooves.

I could forgive a lot of things, but they just ruined it for me.

Maybe historically correct (the side grooves) ? Can also be seen at minute 21ish. There is also just a regular screw in the end of the pommel to hold it all together.

The overall look to the handle is bad and the transitions in the handle materials don't look great.

Last edited:
Don't know if someone already mentioned it, but that looks like an Indian Gharial where they ran out of room to draw the tail! They probably assigned the art job to some new guy from Delhi who said, "I can do it, I'll draw the "croc" who stole my fish last week!", and has no clue what an American gator looks like.

Julie-Larsen-Maher_6796_Indian-Gharials_JUN_BZ_03-02-17.jpg

Back