I want a 2nd CRK....which did everyone get after their first and why?

I just took proud ownership of a brand new large sebenza 21 and I am very impressed with this knife so far. I would even like to add to the collection. I'm leaning towards a small inkosi for the 2nd. What did everyone pick for their 2nd CRK?

PiterM

Gold Member
Personally I’d pick Impinda. Can’t imagine not having Impinda.

impinda_fish_web-1.jpg

For a second I would recommend to try something different like a small inkosi or a Tanto Umnumzaan

blanco112

Gold Member
Small inkosi is an excellent choice. I recommend the Insingo blade. More useful than a drop point on the smaller knives IMO.

BellaBlades

Gold Member
I'd try the large inkosi with inlays next. Then your 3rd crk will be a mash up of those favorite features.

I owned many many variations of the 21 and a regular before an inkosi or two.

One thing I know for sure is I do not like the Wilson Combat Edition models that much I could never hold on to them.

I've never owned an inlay model so that will be my next . Probably inkosi.

First was a plain 21 large

second is a micarta 21 small

third will be a plain 31. Undecided on size right now.

ndmiller

Platinum Member
First was PJ Inkosi, 2nd Ti-Lock, 3rd Umnumzaan, 4th Umnumzaan Tanto...

Ajack60

Platinum Member
I really don't remember my second CRK, but it would be fitting for a Wilson Combat CRK for your second knife. Any model they offer is an excellent choice.
I do remember a WC left handed 21 was one of the first 5 that I bought.

Dogdrawz

Gold Member
My second & third was a PJ Inkosi. My 4th, PJ 21. 5th, inlay Inkosi or 21. 6th, small of either. 7th...you get the picture.

GLksEWQ.png

Murphjd25

Gold Member
My second just came in today. Hot off the press! Large 21 Insingo.

edit to add: This is actually my 4th CRK. I’ve also had a Large Inkosi Insingo and a Small 21 Spalted Beech. I just like the Large 21 better then the Inkosi, and the Small 21 was just too small. I have large mitts and don’t really carry small knives. One thing I will say is I am so happy to have the Insingo again, it is a great blade shape and I love it even better in the 21 with the skinnier blade stock! The Inkosi blade is a little bit thicker.
a4Rphaa.jpg

Last edited:

Evany

Gold Member
I got a small 21 as my 2nd, but I think a small Inkosi would complement your new 21 nicely. I personally like the insingo blades, especially in the smaller CRKs, I feel like it offers more usable edge for general cutting. The small 21 is really nice too--slightly more blade and a slightly bigger handle, but still quite small compared to the large. The Inkosi takes the classic Chris Reeve features, vault like lock up and hydraulic action, up a notch, and it's got a bit more heft than the 21. I don't have a small Inkosi (yet), but the large Inkosi is my favorite CRK at the moment.

BD_01

Basic Member
My first was a DP Umnumzaan.

My second was a small pj dp Inkosi, largely because I ran across one too cheap to resist!

I think some variety of Umnumzaan or Small Inkosi would be a good choice for your second CRK.

<<incidentally, a tanto ‘Zaan and the small PJ Inkosi are my most carried CRK’s>>

My first was a small 21 and my second was a large 21. I had to settle out which size was right for me.

Lay

My first was Nyala - Black Canvas Micarta.

My second will be Large Sebenza 31 Black Canvas Micarta Drop Point with double thumb lugs.

At least they are different enough :)