i want a big folding knife

Anyone know of a good big knife preferably bigger than the large ak-47. i don't really want to spend over 200 dollars please post pics if possible

benchmade 810

3.98" blade
9.28" overall length
will run you about $140

P1070661.JPG

spyderco military

4" blade
9.5" overall length
will run you about $130

C36G_L.jpg

A Ruckus under 200 is a steal! Also, you can get a Benchmade Onslaught (4.3") for under 200. It's got a hole opener, AXIS lock and a nice thin edge grind so it will out cut just about everything in that size category. But, the 810 Contego is a force to be reckoned with. The overly textured grip and proud jimping are the only downsides. The CPM M4 at 62-64Hrc is just a monster. I figure edge retention is better than any BM or Spydie M390 blades. The 810 is also ground thin at the edge with a thick spine so it can cut and slice extremely well. Too be honest, not many knives out perform the Contego blade wise. The deep carry clip and glass breaker make it all the sweeter.

Fox Deimos.

That's it with a Socom Elite, for a size reference:
001-29.jpg

Also available in a "tactical version" with black handles and blade. It's a big buttery smooth flipper.

Ontario-Hossum Retribution
Spyderco-Military
Benchmade-Rukus
Good call! I have both of those except the Rukus but the Cold Steel Voyager is bigger by far. Pictured is the XL (the Voyager X2 is bigger still).

While the Retribution and the Military are without a doubt much better knives, when I hear "biggest knife" I still think of the XL Voyager right away...

2012-09-12185735-1.jpg

Opinel #13. 9" blade, 19 1/2" overall length open. If that isn't big enough, seek professional help.

DSCF1021.jpg

If you want a more modern "tactical" folder I feel that you'd be hard pressed to find a better value in the sub-200 dollar range than the fred and true ZT200. It's quite large and probably the least sheeple friendly folder I own. Also it doesn't feature A/O but rather a flipper which gains points when Murphy's law is taken into consideration. It does have a recurve in it's blade profile and that may or may not enthuse you. Also the G-10 has a great texture to it that provides great traction, but can shred pockets (ok maybe not that drastic but still).

Hello,

If you want something thats a great slicer and easy to carry every day then look at the Spyderco Military, Spyderco Police, Spyderco Manic XL, Spyderco Resilience, Benchmade 710, Cold Steel Recon 1, Cold Steel Hold Out 1 or 2. If you want more of a hard use blade that you can use as a club in a pinch check out Zero Tolerance zt200, Benchmade Adams, Cold Steel large Espada, Cold Steel Spartan, Fox Deimos. Ive been edcing my Military for about 2 months and it my favorite of them all. Its not a pry bar! It slices better then any large knife Ive used that I would consider a "tactical" blade. Take your time and figure out what your actually going to use the knife for before you buy it. Also think about how hard it will be to resale it just incase you dont like it. The larger the and heavier the knife the less likely I am to carry it.

Have a good one,

Chris

just go to Cold Steel. They're inexpensive and actually quite a brute of a knife. I personally recommend the Spartan, but if you want really big, look at the Rajah II, as Smokinape said, or the XL Espada like sqchram suggested.

That Opinel is just ridiculous, its like something Id hang on the wall above the fire place =]

Back