i want a big folding knife

The Ontario Hossom Retribution-1 is about as big and bad as a folder you will find.

hossumretribution-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh, another reccomendation, Southern Grind Bad Monkey. It's big but thanks to the carbon fiber and titanium it's also lightweight. Great knife.

Adamas 275, and/or a Military.., my two favorite "big folders" at the moment. Neither will disappoint!

I carry an XL Voyager alot and it is a very very fine folder for not alot of dough. Irregardless of what anyone else says about it. Just a damn good knife with what might be the best lock out there. keepem sharp

Not sure if this is to your liking or now, but I might suggest the Pohl Force Alpha Two. It is definitely a large folder.

alphatwo_1022.jpg

Anyone know of a good big knife preferably bigger than the large ak-47. i don't really want to spend over 200 dollars please post pics if possible

When asking this kind of help, it will help responders if youi will tell us what large means. Are you looking for blades that are 4 inches, 5 inches, 8 inches, what?

Thanks for all the input guys i think im going to get the benchmade 741 or the military

Last edited:
just go to Cold Steel. They're inexpensive and actually quite a brute of a knife. I personally recommend the Spartan, but if you want really big, look at the Rajah II, as Smokinape said, or the XL Espada like sqchram suggested.

That Opinel is just ridiculous, its like something Id hang on the wall above the fire place =]

And the Espada XL is not ridiculous? Just sayin'. ;) The Espada large would be a little less ridiculous, but still very big. :)

I purchased a used Emerson CQC-11 for less than $200. Although I really like the Military and the Onslaught too.

If you want something thats a great slicer and easy to carry every day then look at the Spyderco Military, Spyderco Police, Spyderco Manic XL, Spyderco Resilience, Benchmade 710, Cold Steel Recon 1, Cold Steel Hold Out 1 or 2.

I have all of those except the Manix XL, which I am jonesing after, as well as the Cold Steel Espada Large or XL and Rajah II. Those Cold Steel knives are just goofy big, as in clown shoes big and goofy, and I have no idea what I would do with one of them, but they are still on my wish list.

In my view, the Resilience and Police are the biggest blades that still carry easily. The Military is right there too, though its just slightly shorter. But there are just those times when a guy needs a big piece of razor sharp stainless and a resounding thwack, and anything less is a let down.

Back