• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

I want a watch!!!

Bobby B

No more Mr. Knife-guy
More specifically an automatic chronograph (or complication) with tachymeter function. Ideally a moon phase too and/or second timezone...
35752000.jpg
581_7546_40_51_MB.jpg

There's a perfect example...
ORIS makes so,ething similar too.

Specs on the watch I want to trade is below.

I like Ti, chono, auto, moonphase, etc. (I guess it's Time, I automatically went looney)...:rolleyes:

Let me know,
Thanks,
Rob

OK... I have a Hamilton Khaki Navy Regatta (automatic - ETA/Valjoux 7750).
It's a big watch 44mm without pushers, about 50mm with!
Rear glass to see the movement.
Great shape, almost new, with a couple of wear scuffs on the bracelet, and a couple small scratches on the lug from when I changed to a strap.
Yes, it also comes with a DiModel Imperator (Navy) strap with double fold deplyant...
It's a beautiful watch, but I want either a tachymeter or a moon phase; plus... I don't sail...:eek:
This has the rotating internal bezel for sailing.

It's great for lefties, since the winding crown is on the left side of the watch, making it "normal" if you waer it on the right arm... :confused:

Now can I trade for the watch I want???? :D

Mine is exactly like this, I just don't have a good picture yet...

What'cha got???

HammieDial.jpg

i don't mean to be an A-hole or anything but isnt the Valjoux 7750 movement the one they put inside high grade Rolex fakes ?

laCie said:
i don't mean to be an A-hole or anything ...
Too late... if you want to step on somebody's thread it is probably better to do it offline.

sorry buddy... didnt know it was called "stomping someones thread." it's a valid question.

LaCie,
It's alright... you wouldn't ask the question if you knew...:cool:

ETA is the largest Swiss supplier of movements.

The ETA/Valjoux 7750 is one of the most common (because it's reliable) automatic chronograph movements.

Typically you won't find a an ETA 7750 (ETA bought Valjoux partially for this movement) in a watch for under about $500 (MSRPs are generally around $750 and up).

BTW... Rolex actually used it in their Daytonas up until about 1990... Omega, TAG Heuer, Tudor, etc still do. :D :eek: :D

good to know.... thanks bobbyb. are you looking to sell your watch outright ? im in the market...

Sure, I could do... e-mail me with an offer. :)

These are from TZ Marc (Time 2 Watch) of his watch. He takes better pics!
My watch is identical [turns out it IS my watch]. Mine also comes with the DiModel Imperator strap.
RagattaCol.jpg

Yes, a lot of high grade chronograph watches use the Valjoux 7750 but they are usually modified by the companies, like Breitling. Eventually they are also chronometers. I have first generation Gevril chronograph COSC rated chronometer using an ETA cal.2894-2 in 18k and SS and keeps perfect time.Quite frankly this is the best looking andmost accurate chrono graph I have, I also have a Breitling.Hope you don't mind my chiming in but I also love watches!!

Danny!
If I recall correctly you had a very nice (new line) Zodiac chrono I was interested in some time ago ...???...also a 7750...

Yes, you're right, Breitling is on the list too! :D Which one do you have ???

And you're right in that Omega as well "tweaks" the movement(s)... Hamilton does not rate theirs a chonometer, but if you check TZ, there are a few running within COSC specs. Hamilton too tweaks theirs, adding the countdown timer, etc. as well as the decorated movement visible through the back. If it had the tach, I'd keep it!

Hi, Bobby! Wasn't sure if you would remember. Yeah, don't have the Zodiacs anymore. Sold quickly! Can't get them anymore. Got a Burberry with a digital-analogue movement much like the Omega(can't remember the model). It's quartz, though. I am not into quartz myself but this I like! Sorry but don't know how to post pics in here. Guy I get them from has a couple more if your interested. I 'll email you apic if you want.

"It's a big watch 44mm without pushers, about 50mm with!"

Hey Bobby I didnt realize that 50 mm was so big... but its too large for my girly wrists :D .... i'll pass on this one. thanks for the education in movements !:thumbup:

It's about 2mm bigger than an Omega Seamaster Professional. The pushers are large, but it isn't too bad.
I'll try to take a pic with another watch, coins, etc. to give everyone a better idea of the size.

dannyvi said:
Hi, Bobby! Wasn't sure if you would remember. Yeah, don't have the Zodiacs anymore. Sold quickly! Can't get them anymore. Got a Burberry with a digital-analogue movement much like the Omega(can't remember the model). It's quartz, though. I am not into quartz myself but this I like! Sorry but don't know how to post pics in here. Guy I get them from has a couple more if your interested. I 'll email you apic if you want.
Danny, of course I remember... it's been a couple of years, but it's WATCHES!!! :D
I believe you are thinking of the Omega X33. Sure, send me a pic, it won't hurt.
Here is a promised "size pic" on my small wrist with a full size Omega SMP.
More pics in my "For Sale" thread.

WithOmegaSMP800.jpg

Anybody got some interesting trade offers out there? :confused:

Back