I wish my RAT had...

blacklupo-

dude since you have the RCs, it is REALLY easy to take em off, buy some G10 in your flavor, and use em as a template for some new ones. Very little tools needed. Lots of guys could help you if you had questions on doing it yourself....Hell, im gonna make some new scales for my RAT pack knife since im not a fan of the orange....

blacklupo-

dude since you have the RCs, it is REALLY easy to take em off, buy some G10 in your flavor, and use em as a template for some new ones. Very little tools needed. Lots of guys could help you if you had questions on doing it yourself....Hell, im gonna make some new scales for my RAT pack knife since im not a fan of the orange....

GASP! Heathen! :)

I tend to be a huge fan of linen Micarta verses Canvas... I was thinking of making up some scales for my Izula in Black Linen...

The tape measure belt clip idea is pretty cleave Otis, I never would have thought of it. :)

Again, all comments are welcome here. I think the Izula belt clip is a great idea. It's been mentioned before here. Let's not be too hard on blacklupo. Remember, we are about INDIVIDUALISTS around here. With that said, blacklupo, you have to understand these are tough group of folks. I'm sure none of them mean any harm in what they say but they will ride you to the ground pokin' fun....but that's just the way we roll around here. Don't take it too serious. ;)

I've noticed lol! Thanks for understanding. Like I said I put my money where my mouth is and wouldnt have bought 4 if I didnt like or want them.

I've been seriously thinking about finding some orange G-10 to make a set of scales for my Izula. I'm sure I'll bugger it all up at least once before I get it right and my lovely Cynthia will mourn the money spent on screwed up expensive G-10, but I don't care. Also, the tape measure belt clip idea is pure genius.

I've been seriously thinking about finding some orange G-10 to make a set of scales for my Izula. I'm sure I'll bugger it all up at least once before I get it right and my lovely Cynthia will mourn the money spent on screwed up expensive G-10, but I don't care. Also, the tape measure belt clip idea is pure genius.

Just make some pink handle scales for her!:p

I've been seriously thinking about finding some orange G-10 to make a set of scales for my Izula.

Believe it or not, but I just got mine in mail today - two orange g10 scales. :)

Got them from fleebay. Here is a pair exactly like mine - the only thing they are not that yellowish - there is more red in the orange then on the photo. Very nice colour.

---------------------------------------
to texastonydobbs - Sorry, was not intent to promote anything.

Last edited:
I think it'd be cool to have some jimping on the Izula a little bit into the middle of the blade. Thats kinda where my thumb naturally lands on it.

Quoted for future bribery.

That ain't right, Shotgunner, but I'm sure you'll eventually post something that your Mrs. will disapprove of and then Karma will be fulfilled. Ya bastid.:D

Just make some pink handle scales for her!:p

Good point. She's not the knife knut that I am though. She does want a pink Maxpedition Jumbo or some such similar bag, but I have no idea where to find such an article.

Back