• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

I'd probably buy from REKAT if...

I used to buy from REKAT, but as of about a year ago, I stopped.

They have a rude, coarse, unfriendly attitude that they have demonstrated too many times. Bob Brothers and Christine Montero are very different from people like Sal Glesser. They do not know how to communicate in a friendly way. When presented with a problem, they become very defensive. They blame it on other people's attitudes. They decided to close their Manufacturer's forum, but, yet, we still hear from REKAT. They have some issues surrounding the Rollin Lock, but they refuse to address them. The lack of a website, a catalog, and the communication for so long only demonstrates their business attitude.

Belly

Ah Yes, Youngcutter is at it again... Company bashing takes place on the Good Bad+ Ugly forum. That is where this thread is headed.
David

In defense of REKAT ... why should I defend REKAT? Do they need to be defended? Evidently, they don't really think so, and they should know.

I'm on the web a lot. I really enjoy a good website, an online catalog, a forum ... but if the knifemaker can't even keep up with current or foreseeable demand, why is he obligated to entertain us? REKAT makes knives, they don't hold seminars on how to win friends and influence people.

This thread reminds me a lot of a recent thread on Strider Knives. And Emerson comes in for it a bit, too. In every case, a small company is so busy selling everything it makes that it won't sit around chatting with us. I wonder why?

Another point in common is a complaint loudly proclaimed to the forum, but somehow there's always a reason not to send the knife in for the company to look at it, We had a famous thread on a Sebenza, where the owner did send it in, and ended up happy with the attention he got. I don't know if I should believe a complaint that the owner won't let the company check out.

Still and all, for anyone who has actually bought a knife, and is not happy with it, the company should be there. A street address, e-mail, a phone number. For those of you who have not bought that knife, but just like to join in when the feeding frenzy starts ... :p

Back