Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it and will not purchase knives with it

• I dislike it to the point I will not consider future CRK

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you should be able to remove the lanyard and still have the lanyard pin held in place by the "shoulders" of the pin on a Sebenza.

Only the Umnumzaan has a pin that requires that the lanyard is attached to be held in place.

Wrong. If you pull just the lanyard and leave the pin in here it will fall out. The pin only stays in by he lanyard being tied into it.

My experience is that small sebs have flared tubes which stay in, and large sebs don't.

Atleast this is how it was with my small and large Insingos.

I just received my first CRK today. Never felt one, never seen one in person and WOW is it a sweet knife!

Mine was born 12-10-10 and has the new Allen screws and the IDAHO MADE stamp on the back side. I was hoping that it didn't have it, but when I saw it, it wasn't that big of deal. I wasn't disappointed at all honestly. Even though I was hoping that it didn't have it, I'm more than satisfied overall with the knife.

I just wish the lanyard spacer would stay in without needing the actual lanyard to hold it in. I like the blue spacer, but not a fan of lanyards. But it's a minor minor thing ;)

thanks for sharing and congrats on your new knife!

I also love the look of the lanyard pin, and as mentioned already it will definitely slide out without a lanyard. However, there's no reason why you're restricted to the CRK Standard lanyard. Below is a pic of mine with a paracord lanyard. It is simple, but that's by choice. I could have easily made it as complex as desired.
(sorry for the cell phone pic)
photosu.jpg

I did untie the lanyard (didn't disassemble the knife) and the pin will fall out if the lanyard isn't inserted. Although I did need to push it out with a little bit of force, I know it would fall out and I would lose it if I kept it that way. So I just retied it and put the lanyard and spacer in the box for safe keeping.

I'm just not a lanyard person. I never have used them on my knives and see them more of a distraction/obstruction for my personal tastes. I feel like someone could run by me and grab the lanyard fairly easy and run away with my knife.

But I might make a really small one so I can keep the spacer :)

I'm just not a lanyard person. I never have used them on my knives and see them more of a distraction/obstruction for my personal tastes. I feel like someone could run by me and grab the lanyard fairly easy and run away with my knife.

But I might make a really small one so I can keep the spacer :)

you could make something tiny and simple. If you remove the guts from black parcord, and tie one simple knot, like mine above. It would be pretty sleek.

My experience is that small sebs have flared tubes which stay in, and large sebs don't.

At least this is how it was with my small and large Insingos.

That sounds right. I know for certain that the ones on the Small Sebenzas stay in place without the lanyard because I have a pin in one right now with no lanyard attached. It must be the Large Sebenza/Umnumzaan pins that have no shoulders/flutes and fall out without a lanyard.

I always thought it was just the Umnumzaan pin that operated that way and that it was designed that way so that you didn't have to take the Umnum apart (which requires more effort and the special tool) to remove the lanyard, but apparently the same goes for the Large Sebenza as well.

I just got my new large sebenza 21 last night. Must say, I was so happy to have a sebenza again that when I flipped it over and saw the Idaho made I realized it wasn't that bad. The pictures posted focus right on it as opposed to the whole knife. I honestly barely notice it. But even when I do I feel completely different about it now that its in my hands as opposed to before when I was in disbelief on the forums. The knife functions so flawless and feels so perfect in my hands... I can't hate. I voted the second option. Im always gonna be more for no symbols, writing, etc... but I think this is done well.

I just got my new large sebenza 21 last night. Must say, I was so happy to have a sebenza again that when I flipped it over and saw the Idaho made I realized it wasn't that bad. The pictures posted focus right on it as opposed to the whole knife. I honestly barely notice it. But even when I do I feel completely different about it now that its in my hands as opposed to before when I was in disbelief on the forums. The knife functions so flawless and feels so perfect in my hands... I can't hate. I voted the second option. Im always gonna be more for no symbols, writing, etc... but I think this is done well.

You said it perfect man. I feel the exact same way about my Large Insingo.

imgres

Couldn't Chris put it on a titanium bead on the lanyard that comes with the folders? Whatever, it bugs me but I'm still going to pick up a Startac Umnumzaan... One day...

You forgot the option for "I'm indifferent."

That's how I feel.

If it were a flaming skull with snakes, I would absolutely make a fuss about it.
As is, if you use the knife for the next few decades, it will probably not cross your mind more than once a year.

You forgot the option for "I'm indifferent."

The options were specifically set to avoid indifference and other "cop-out" opinions. If you're indifferent then you will buy a knife with it then you pick the first option.

For a knife known for its simplicity and elegance, I think the "Idaho Made" stamp is a mistake. No disrespect to those from Idaho but aren't they the only ones who would think this was cool?
I would rather Chris Reeve pay hommage to his adoptive country than his adoptive state by putting the stamp "Made in the USA". Now that's cool.

I'm new to the whole Sebebza experience. I have 2, a small plain 21 (no Idaho Made) and a large 21 Diamond Plate (Idaho Made). I saw the threads and the pics of the Idaho Made stamp and when I got my small 21 (the first for me) I was a little relieved that it did not sport the Idaho Made stamp.

When I got my large with the Idaho Made stamp, I looked at it and said "Huh, it looks much better in person than in pictures...". It has really grown on me and now I like it. I'd prefer that future purchases have the stamp.

My $0.02.

ThumperACC

I have to say my first impression was why did they do it but I'm starting to warm up to it. I guess if they put "USA MADE" on the knives, the US market would love it but the overseas market wouldn't. So the compromise was putting the state where it's made.

I think that its hilarious that this discussion is still going on!

It would be SO awesome if CRK abandoned the Idaho Made, and then everyone complaining would suddenly have a knife that was RARE in a few years. Then everyone would be scrambling to collect the rare and short lived IDAHO MADE stamped Sebenza's.

LOLing at the hilarity of this. Woot!

It would be SO awesome if CRK abandoned the Idaho Made, and then everyone complaining would suddenly have a knife that was RARE in a few years. Then everyone would be scrambling to collect the rare and short lived IDAHO MADE stamped Sebenza's.

That's engaging in fortune telling about some fairy tale future scenario. The harsh reality is on the bar graph at the top of the page. WOOT! ;)

Leave it! Let the CRK line wear it with pride! Idaho pride!
Says the dude from Idaho :D

Or maybe it would make for a market of cheaper Sebenzas ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back