Ideas for stopping my knife pocket clip from scratching my car?

I don't get it either?!

This must be a human error thing.

I only carry knives via pocket clip, and have had a clip sticking out of my pocket 24/7 for many many years....

I have Never even come close to scratching a car with it.

I know I am not doing anything special, however, if I am working on a car then anything that can scratch it (knife/rings/etc) go in my pocket or are put to the side.

Kind of a pretty useless fingerwagging answer. Isn't pretty much every solution a result of human error? Can't figure out how to carry your knife in an efficient manner? Human error if you have to rely on a pocket clip!

This is why they make knives with and without pocket clips, with pocket clips in different shapes and sizes, etc. Even pocket clips that can be removed. It's simply mind blowing how many solutions there exist for knife owners. It's almost as if everyone is different, or something.

The only way to keep ANY knife from scratching your car, is to drop the knife in your pocket.

I used to try the heat shrink method. Works but you have to keep it up.

If you don't mind modifying, deburring the heck out of the clip with sandpaper helps. Just making sure there are no sharp edges or corners will reduce damage considerably. It can be the difference between a scuff that will buff out and a scratch to primer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was cleaning my windshield yesterday at a service station. Realized my knife was riding up against the side of my vehicle when I reached across the windshield with the squeegie. No scratch, but it could easily happened.

The only way to keep ANY knife from scratching your car, is to drop the knife in your pocket.

Not true.
Take the bus. :)
I take the bus, and the pocket-clips on my knives have never scratched the door of the car I don't own. :D

How are you rubbing up against you car to scratch it? My pockets never come near the door of my vehicles.

Ideas for stopping my knife pocket clip from scratching my car?

Sit it down and discuss the pros and cons of its behaviour.

Back