If you could ask SOG to make a knife for you it would be....

Thought this might make an interesting thread. Also, the only rules are it has to be materials they currently use.

.....would be an evolved Tigershark made out of AUS-8 with exposed steel at the end that could be used as a field hammer if neccessary, serrations removed and Zytle mounted on each side of the handle similarly to the x-42.

Cheers!

it would be.... A Seal 2000 blade with an S1 leather handle and a Trident Bowie brushed stainless guard and pommel. Kind of like a "poor mans" S1 Bowie.

Mine would be a Clip point, Plain Edge SOG Vision with the titanium handles and preferably a different super steel than ATS-34 cause i seem to have trouble getting a good edge on this stell...but i would prefer it to be ATS-34 out of their current selection of steels since the last time i checked.

A large folder with the arc lock or lock back, g-10 handles and either VG-10, S30V, or ZDP-189 steel.

The standard clip point Autoclip upgraded to BG-42 steel like the X-42 Autoclip and the lock updated to the Arc Lock. I'd buy one of these for everyone I know.

A Tigershark with gun blued SK-5 non-serrated Blade, Nickel silver finger guard and butt cap, black micarta handle and top it off with a heavy duty wax impregnated leather sheath. Also sharpen the first three or so inches of the top of the blade. Or an 8 inch blade seal 2000 done up the same way. I'd buy either one as soon as I could find it.

Vince

vjb.knives,

wow, that's quite a Tigershark idea you've got outfitted there !!! N-I-C-E !!!

And an 8"-blade SEAL ..... hmmm, I wonder if the extra length would somehow spoil the aesthetic lines.....
I wonder about it since there's a lot of difference between the Randall Model 1-7" and 1-8" in terms of eyeball appeal. They are the same, but rather different.

OK, you gave me two WILD ideas, based on the rare Recon Bowie Mr SOG had made a few years back, though I"m not at all sure of the practicalities of this type of steel applied to these types/styles of knives:

1. Tigershark with Damascus steel.
2. SEAL 2000 with Damascus steel.

Cheers,

Carl

I want a Tsunami without serrations, S30V blade and a micarta handle.

Extend that whole "without serrations" deal to pretty much everything else, also.

mine would be a thicker desert dagger. or even just get one of the existing models you can`t get in australia

I would love to have a carbon steel government agent or gov-tac (with more massive tang (same overall dimension of the handle but more steel in it and less kraton :)))

SEAL pup elite, upsized to be as large as the SEAL 2k with the upper edge serrations of the Scuba/Demo or a real saw.

Lagarto

X-42 in BG42 steel w/either SAT or ARC-LOCK. Handles-Titanium skins. Shorter thumb-studs so they don't hang up on pocket seams.

A new SOG Night Vision. G-10 handles, 3.75" clip/spear point blade, satin/plain edge. The steel could be AUS8A, 154CM, or VG-10. Definetly no bead blasted finish or tanto shaped blade.

Ahhhh.... choices, choices, choices.

I would probably be happy if they just started making the night vision again, maybe using CPM-s30v, and it would be awesome if they started making the "midnite" tiger again, maybe a little thicker, like out of 1/3" SK-5. :D

Another thing i think would be really neat is a tigerstriped tigershark, plain edge of course.

QUESTION 1, What is the stronger blade? The SOG 1 SK-5 or the KA-BAR D2 Extreme? (Not considering the weight difference and focusing on the steel) QUESTION 2, Anyone know of a stronger knife that holds a sharp blade longer?

Back