If you could only have ONE GEC, which would it be?

Knives come and knives go, I only hold onto my absolute favorites. Here is a photo of the family as it stands now, organized roughly by blade shape.

If I could only have ONE knife, it would be the ebony #83 in the right column. Just a *perfect* little knife. Plain, simple, not overly adorned. Magic.

Second to that is the #25 EO in the left column - a flat-out stunner. Perhaps the most visually appealing knife in my collection. The chechen rosewood is incredible, the blade etch is perfect. The whole package is amazing.

The final, honorable mention: the ivory bone #15 in the middle column. I love the flat butt of this run from 2013.

I could go on in detail about why each of these knives are still in my possession, I love them all...

So, which in your collection would be "the one" if you were held at gunpoint and forced to choose??

DSC_2037.jpg

Last edited:
So, which in your collection would be "the one" if you were held at gunpoint and forced to choose??

It would have to be an Elk handled #25 EO for me if I were to choose from my collection. But then, I currently only own 3 GEC knives.

If they would make a three blade #66 Calf Roper in 440C then I would own one and it would be my choice.

I can't swing a GEC within my means but have always wanted a #15 UN-X-LD half congress or the Gepetto whittler with the wharncliffe main. Maybe using would change my mind but those always "looked" amazing and useful.

TC New Day spey/pen in copperhead peachseed jigged bone. Can do just about everything you'd want to do with a knife, looks beautiful, feels great in the hand, and is entirely manageable in the pocket. It's funny how a knife can be almost the exact opposite of what you think you like, in so many ways, but come together into such a perfect overall package.

I'd love a #81 Abilene Stockman, but one has not, alas, yet come my way.

Last edited:
Make mine a #73. It's one pf GEC's first patterns and remains among their best, with its clean and flush tangs.

What's wrong with you, man!?! I'd have to be delirious to even consider such a travesty of nature as to only have one GEC. ;)

But if forced, my #53 Cuban stockman in bark ram's horn would be the one. I'm a stockman junky.

RamMarkPile.jpg~original

53949a8d-7758-4b23-928f-5428d9639f84_zpsa3999613.jpg~original

It would be 1095, and a #6 Pemberton or #15 Boy's Knife with cap opener.

Today I'd keep the #15 Scout, with micarta scales and sheepsfoot blade.

Tomorrow it might be the #15 Radio Jack with Blood Red Jig Bone and spear point. Or the #6 Pemberton with Snakewood scales.

#15 Rust Red Jigged Bone Scout EO. It's a fathers day gift.
Yellow Wood 2-Blade TC #14 might be tomorrow's pick :)

my 77 Barlow Saw Cut spear point.... no, wait, my 15 Ebony Clip point 2-blade.... no, wait, my 09 Ebony esquire...... no, wait, my 89 Stainless Clip point gambler.... no, wait, my.....:eek:

Only one?! :confused: I suspect that OneStarLeather forgot to logoff his computer and his wife posted this topic. ;) She's getting rid of your knives dood!! :eek:

Hi Mrs. OneStarLeather! :)

Hmmm.... My 81 and 66 stock knives probably get the most use... probably the 66 since it's a very efficient and practical design but I do like the more traditional appearance and larger blades on the 81. The 81 is so close to the Schrade 8OT that it doesn't get used as often.

I've drastically cut down my gec's to just 2 knives. All that remains are a 15 radio jack in ebony and a 66 harness jack in ebony. Can't pick 1 out of the two I've tried and this is why 2 still remain.

I can't decide which one to carry for the day, so it would be hard to choose one. It might be one of these but probably not.

Alan

My 85 in autumn gold smooth bone. Fits my hand great, the pull is absolutely perfect, just overall a great example of a GEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suuuuuuper tough call. i think i've carried a 77 yankee jack or barlow everyday for the past year. Wood covers and end caps aren't my first choice aesthetically, but they are very forgiving for EDC when dropped and such. As beautiful as the barlows are.... I might have to say the yankee jacks for Utility.

Back