If you had to pick one Victorinox, which one would it be?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by VicAlox74, Oct 9, 2019.

1. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    Mine doesn’t exist. An alox Spartan with tweezers, toothpick, and a mini eyeglass screwdriver tucked into its corkscrew.

Jim

BITEME, allenC and Wharn like this.
  2. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Why not get ti scales for spartan. Not too expensive!

3. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Sorry...:( I cant!!!! There are just toooo many fine ones!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    John

4. Daedric Panther

Daedric Panther

Apr 27, 2019
    Honestly, I’d pick a regular SAK Classic. While it certainly isn’t a replacement for a primary knife, it’s great little tool for quick fixes. I carry one on my keys in addition to a full size folder in my pocket for more serious cutting tasks.

That, or an Alox Pioneer

5. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Hands down my Spartan. It is probably my most carried knife already (if you don’t count the classic sd on my keychain).

Prester John likes this.
  6. Byrom Hermo

Byrom Hermo

Apr 4, 2003
    My Pioneer X gets used throughout the day every day. It’s useful like no other SAK I’ve owned.

7. Student762

Student762

Mar 7, 2014
    The Fieldmaster to me is the ultimate SAK. It has every tool you'd want in a knife that size. Two blades, saw, scissors, the screwdriver and can opener attachments and a phillips head screw driver instead of the corkscrew, which I find almost entirely useless.
    In fact I would go so far as to say if I could have only one knife at all, it would be the fieldmaster. It's small enough to be carried relatively easily, whilst large enough to handle most knife based tasks you could imagine demanding of a pocket knife.
    It's a big winner for me.

Grateful and Ace Rimmer like this.
  8. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    The Fieldmasteris one of my favorites as well. Really like the scissors and saw. :thumbsup:

9. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    I wasn't aware of those. I'll have to think about it...thanks! Although I still wish that the Spartan was available in Alox scales from the factory.

Jim

Prester John and A.L. like this.
  10. Gurdygurds

Gurdygurds Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Gotta go with the Classic as well. Other SAKs have come and gone, but there is and probably always will be a Classic on my keychain or in my back pocket.

11. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    If I had to choose I would go with a Trekker or new model Soldier.

12. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009
    Spartan with plus scales, but why on earth are you making me pick? You're so mean. The saw is also very handy, so the Camper... but the scissors...

13. Venice

Venice Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Executive.
    [​IMG]

CSG, sgbeskin and Filoso like this.
  14. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    The Vic Centurian (Adventurer) is perfect.

15. Jim Bob

Jim Bob

Apr 16, 2019
    The Tinker has everything I need for daily use.

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    My favored model is the recruit, but since my grandfather's pocket knife of choice was the Victorinox classic that would be it for me.
    If I chose the recruit I could never put his classic in my pocket again, and that's just not going to happen.

Now if I could claim the classic as a lanyard bead and attach it to the recruit I'd be all set :D

redsparrow and jackknife like this.
  17. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    If it was going to be the only pocket knife I own and it had to be a SAK, it would be the Tourist. The Tourist has a good selection and carries small. I like the corkscrew better than the T handle Phillips. As a glasses wearer, the little eyeglass screwdriver is real handy.

If it was going to be my only SAK, but I had other pocket knives, it would be the Explorer. The Explorer it a little too bulky for shorts or dress pants, but I find it very useful. I like the inline Phillips and use the magnifying glass more than I thought I would.

chris97, allenC and redsparrow like this.
  18. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 2, 2004
    Or, you could take a classic, add a Victorinox Quatro as a lanyard deco piece, and put a P-38 in your wallet. Then, like your grandpa, you'd be ready for about 98% of what you will encounter in the real world of life.

Grandpa would approve.:thumbsup:

19. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Classic alox. Could not imagine not having it in my keys!

20. garryt

garryt

Dec 8, 2013
    Alox Farmer for me everytime.
    All the tools I need, thicker main blade than the other SAK's and as tough as it gets.

Pomsbz likes this.