If you had to pick one Victorinox, which one would it be?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by VicAlox74, Oct 9, 2019.

1. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    Alox Farmer, I’ve learned that I can get by without scissors.

Runners up: Alox Cadet, Classic, Pioneer X,

56E5D2BD-C6F5-4D91-A1E9-9B39FEA2EB4C.jpeg BE5E9B9D-590F-426A-958B-68ED112EC2FD.jpeg

2. kickert

kickert

Jan 1, 2019
    I would go with the Outrider.

allenC and Grateful like this.
  3. lonestar1979

lonestar1979

Mar 2, 2014
    Pioneer,spartan or farmer is all you need ....i just carry some type of Sak on keychain ,and use opinels and butcher knives in kitchen,no need for any of that thicker stuff with weird geometrys.Gave away benchmade griptilian tanto and spyderco moran to my uncle thats hunter,hell use it little probably.He uses victorinox butcher knives for game processing too,tells me theyre excellent.

4. lonestar1979

lonestar1979

Mar 2, 2014
    Im waiting for vic compact to be on sale...thats one of best ones along with all alox variants

Filoso likes this.
  5. Getahl

Getahl

Dec 22, 2007
    SAK Classic is my primary carry most days.

6. sv4

sv4

Feb 13, 2014
    I usually go about nowadays with just an old Victorinox Spartan. But if I really had to pick ONE only, I guess it would be the Pioneer X :

[​IMG]

Pomsbz, Lee D, Grateful and 4 others like this.
  7. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    If i have my pants on there is a Pioneer in my pocket. So I guess that would be my choice. A Farmer gets pocket time when I go walking in the mesa. Never know when I might find walking stick/cane making supplies. I keep a Field Master close by in my pack though.

redsparrow and Storm 8593 like this.
  8. allenC

allenC

Jun 18, 2000
    The Deluxe Tinker.

Very much like the Fieldmaster, but with pliers instead of the saw.
    And I find myself using the small pliers much more often than I ever used the saw.

Grateful, Ace Rimmer and Storm 8593 like this.
  9. mjw88

mjw88 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2016
    The pioneer. Carry one every day and it covers my needs very well.

Grateful and Storm 8593 like this.
  10. dcycleman

dcycleman

Feb 16, 2009
    Pioneer x for me , most every day. Once in a while a farmer or pioneer works it’s way into the rotation

11. mg357

mg357

May 31, 2012
    Victorinox pioneer

12. NirreBosse

NirreBosse

Jan 7, 2003
    Alox electrician or rambler

13. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    image.jpeg Deluxe Waiter.

Pomsbz, Chacap and jmh33 like this.
  14. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    I believe that I have a Ranger 55, I'm not too hung up on the designations or nomenclature. Red and black, Philips head driver on back (important to me), non serrated blade. Feels big and solid in hand, Large locking blade and large saw, usual assortment of tools. This is my favorite go to SAK when I am metal detecting in isolated or bushy areas were I might need or choose to make a fire. If I had to grab one and run it would be the big Ranger (and I do mean big). Then my Farmer on the belt hangar. I consider my Farmer and Pioneer to be closely associated with the belt hangar, in or outdoors. Handsome, affordable, classy looks, high utility. But as said, as a hardcore outdoor choice, that big fire engine red Ranger comes with me.

Storm 8593 likes this.
  15. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Fieldmaster, awesome tool setup for EDC.

Ace Rimmer and Grateful like this.
  16. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    I carry a Tinker because I must have a Phillips head screwdriver.

[​IMG]

If I could only have one forever though, I would carry the extra weight of a Deluxe Tinker for the added scissors and plyers.

Filoso, allenC, Chacap and 4 others like this.
  17. Komatose_Kamikaze

Komatose_Kamikaze

Oct 31, 2019
    That depends. For day-to-day use on work days, an alox Minichamp. For outdoors use and at home and on weekends, an Outrider.

allenC likes this.
  18. Lee D

Lee D

May 27, 2013
    Pioneer X or Deluxe Tinker for pocket carry, my Hercules if I were using a sheath.

allenC likes this.
  19. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    One Vic SAK? It would have to be a Tinker. My first was a Tinker and I favor the tool set. Second favorite would probably be the current Electrician even though I don't carry it routinely. I carry a Small Tinker now daily and it gets used. I will only carry a two layer SAK in my pocket as a regular thing. Will toss a Trekker into my carry bag if I am headed to the woods along with a fixed blade of the day.

redsparrow likes this.
  20. MililaniGrown

MililaniGrown Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Limited experience with SAK, only have a Classic, Rambler, Cadet, Pioneer, and Pioneer X. Of those I carry the Pioneer X the most, so I'd say that's my pick. However, from what I've seen here, I'd like to try carrying a Fieldmaster.