If you had to pick one Victorinox, which one would it be?

It would have to be the recruit for me. Simple and lite. It's easy to carry and it can tackle a fair share of work. Mine was a gift from my kids so its sentimental also. Hears mine helping out in the garden a few weeks ago.
CXGoJ7S.jpg

Simple...I looked at the SWISS ARMY KNIVES on Amazon.com.Spent quite a bit of time going thru pages of My Fav.SAK! So, I bought one ,not two or three, just ONE!! Multitool S18!! I'll get it delivered 6/3/20!
Jim

Farmer for me I own several and almost always have one on me no matter what I'm doing. The Awl and saw with a single blade handle most chores I run into if I don't have a larger knife handy at the time ... and the fact they are Alox is a huge bonus IMO.

Last edited:
Either the Ambassador, which I carried for years, or the Executive which I recently learned, bought and now carry. I always carry a larger folder clipped into my opposite pocket. I use the toothpick, tweezers, nail file, and scissors far more than the blades of a SAK. I do keep a couple of old Champion Plus models in each vehicle and have Cadets, Pioneers, Farmers, Climbers, Classics, OHTs, and a few other assorted SAKs but none would be an only for me. I don't need to use a SAK to turn screws very often and can't think of the last time I did.

If there is a Cellidor SAK with a blade, nail file, scissors, cork screw, and awl that wasn't too big or loaded with other tools, I'd love to know the model.

Edited to add: Looks like the Evolution S14 models come pretty close but has the openers. Might try one for fun.

Last edited:
Well, the Evo 14 Grip did arrive this afternoon and this is what I like and what I dislike:
*The Evo scales. Yep, they really do feel better in the hand than the standard SAK scales, and less slippery too.
*The slightly shorter length than the Climber. It doesn't make much difference in my grip, but the shorter length is nice in my pocket.
*The way the screwdriver/bottle-opener locks when pressure is applied.
*The blade itself. While it is slightly shorter than the Climber's blade, it's also just a tad thinner...it's almost as thin as the small pen blade of the Climber.
When I'm using my Climber or Explorer I usually use the small blade instead of the larger blade because it cuts so well and also offers the most control.
*The fact that the nail file's rough surface is on the outside against the liner. This is much better than the file being on the inside against the main blade like on my Sportsman model or my Moneyclip model...when opening the nail file on those models the rough surface scrapes the side and spine of the main blade.

Dislikes:
*The large flat-tip screwdrive blade (on the bottle-opener) is slightly smaller than the typical SAK.

Not sure yet:
*The scissors. I like the spring system of the Evo (I've had plenty of Vic springs break), but I'm not sure on the serrations.
Time will tell.
Will the Evo 14 Grip become my new favorite...maybe so!

Here's a pic with my Buck 112 Slim...

KKJb6bj.jpg

Last edited:
The magnifier on my Swiss Champ Plus has become the most used tool on the SAK for me as it helps me decipher the micro-sized cryptic messages on labeling at the grocery store that cataracts have created. If there were brighter lights in the store and better contrast on the labels that honor would go to the pliers.
Or read the manufacturer's stamps on knives. Years ago I could focus on the date of say a penny at nose length or closer... forget it now! That was clearly the first sign of aging that I noticed.

Last edited:
Back