1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

If you win the lotto tonight, which knife you will buy first?!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ridnovir, Oct 23, 2018.

1. vilePossum

vilePossum

Jan 14, 2015
    I guess I would just buy a large pj insingo inkosi.
    No way I would pay full retail for one without winning the lottery, and any CRK is way overpriced even on the secondary market on this side of the pond.
    Other than that? Maybe some annual Damascus victorinox, but I would probably just build a house and save the rest.

2. ridnovir

ridnovir Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2012
    a ha ha ha ha ... this is funny because it is true ... just made my day :)

3. BoozeFighter

BoozeFighter

Jul 6, 2015
    I would finally buy myself a Tops Tom Brown Tracker.

I acknowledge that this is a knife that I have no practical use for, and is not prohibitively expensive.

It does strike that perfect balance of price and uselessness to put it in to the category of something I would only buy if I had stupid amounts of disposable income, even though my inner 13 year old still thinks this is probably the most badass blade ever created.

SharpieB likes this.
  4. sechip

sechip Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Or Japan...

5. SharpieB

SharpieB Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Funny as I keep looking at those damned knives too! :D Stupid and useless? Maybe. Totally badass looking? Absolutely!

Strange how the serious bushcrafter guys love these knives though.

I bought my first Medford Praetorian this week, so maybe I’m nutty anyways. :eek:

6. TechandTactical

TechandTactical

Apr 2, 2018
    I would probably get:
    - Sebenza with Micarta inlays
    - Microtech Troodon
    - ZT 0456
    - Medford Praetorian (just for fun)
    - Every Exclusive/Sprint Run Spyderco I can get my hands on

7. USMCPOP

USMCPOP

Jan 6, 2016
    I remember reading an article about Ron Lake nearly 40 years ago in a knife magazine. Precision. Always wished I'd stopped by Bill Moran's shop in Maryland back then. There were several other notable talents back then.

8. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    Just had a thought of something I would have wanted to do and that winning the lottery would allow is buy the Colonel Coon name and bring manufacturing back to TN. I think SMKW has the name and I know at one point Queen made the knives no clue who makes them now but regardless it would seem they weren't being made in TN.

9. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    A Star Wars Lightsaber.

19-3ben likes this.
  10. Natlek

Natlek

Jun 9, 2015
    China . . . if you want to make money ;)

sechip likes this.
  11. JDRanger

JDRanger

Aug 14, 2017
    Jake Hoback Kwaiback Custom Cpm-Cruwear Titanium Framelock Folding Pocket Knife

12. DMD08

DMD08

Jul 22, 2005
    Nick Wheeler Bowie

Bruce Bump feather pattern Bowie.

13. Bechbum2588

Bechbum2588

Oct 27, 2018
    Microtech Select fire

14. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    1. Buck Froe
    2. Spyderco D Allara 3
    3. Lion Steel TM1
    4. CRK Small Insingo
    5. Some sort of axe.

In that order.

Mo2 likes this.
  15. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    Survive! Knives

No not a knife. The entire damn company. Get that ship righted and start cranking out product.

Mo2 likes this.
  16. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    If it was an actual knife, I would want a legit Katana, made by a master swordsmith from the fuedal time in Japan

Yonose likes this.
  17. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    Exactly what I was thinking—a sword worth at least $10,000 or else why even think about buying a blade with that kind of $$?!

Riz! likes this.
  18. Boorberry

Boorberry

Oct 27, 2018
    hmm let see, Northmen Broad Axe, Northmen Stalwart Forest Axe, RMJ Death Dealer, Zombie Tools Kraken...I love them big axes

19. t5brick

t5brick

Oct 4, 2018
    Olamic Wayfarer 247 w/ sheepscliffe blade or maybe a Swish.

20. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    Wait, what? There were knives in that video????

PirateSeulb likes this.