If you would give your wife a knife....

R

Ruppe

In one of the discussions there was a mention about giving your wife a knife. Being a maker of knives, I was requested by my wife to make a knife for her..... she wanted a dagger, which I have nearly finished several times and may give her when she looks like she is in a good mood!! Just kidding, ha ha ha! What would you give your wife, or girl friend?

------------------
Ron Ruppé
http://www.ruppe.com

I have tried to give my wife a knife several times. Never have been successful. The only tool she ever took to was the Leatehrman Micra I gave her during our move back to Texas. That and the kitchen knives. Although, she really does appreciate having the good knives to cook with. Once I showed her how nice it was to have really good and sharp kitchen knives, she really won't go back. She lets me know PDQ if they start to get the least bit dull.

------------------
Bubba

My wife has no use for folders...but she does like strait knives...if I was going to suprise her....I dont know what I would get her.

She likes daggers, and bowie knives.

So I would go with something along those lines.

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

My wife was similarly intransigent on the subject of a knife for her. Finally she relented, and told me to get her "something pretty". I got her a delica with pink handles, she's loved it ever since. Spyderco no longer offers the delica with pink handles, so if she were to lose it, I'd get her a Benchmade Leopard with lavender handles.

Small and pretty was the answer for us. I wish I could buy her an AFCK or something, but there it is.

Joe
jat@cup.hp.com

Funny you should ask,
As I answer the E-Mail telling me I have won a Kershaw Mini-Task here at the BladeForums..and my 5 children are dancing around the room singing "daddy won a mini-task, daddy won a mini-task"..and I have a picture of a Kershaw Mini-Task pulled up on the screen from the http://www.knifecenter.com admiring it..my wife looks up from her chair, glances at the screen and says that looks like it would make a great Christmas present. Me thinks I just lost my Mini-Task!!

------------------
>)-RadarMan-(<

I've given my wife several knives.
First was a Swiss Army Knife,then a Leatherman. Followed by a Spyderco "Q".
The SAK in the purse. The Leatherman in the car. The Spyderco on the key-chain.
But first was the Taurus PT 908.

------------------

~~TOM~~

I`d get my wife a MD Panther. Wait,listen to the logic. Me:Look what I bought you honey. Her: Eeeewww! get thet sick thing away from me. You keep it. Me: Okay but don`t say I never buy you anything.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
I can`t even get her to carry a Micra! <sigh> Marcus

OMIGAWD! CJ, you gave your wife a Sebenza? Can I be your wife, just for the Christmas holidays? I wanna Sebenza too!

I have the same problem with my hubby that you fellas have with your wives. Mine tries to understand, at least, but I'm afraid to ask him for a knife for Christmas because I'll just end up with another stainless paperweight, even if I give him a name to look for.

If my hubs were a knife person like you guys, I would want him to get me a Sebenza or a MD and of course, lots of Spydies. I'm pretty easy to shop for!

Antonella Giordano

------------------
My former user ID was "Antonella"--it's still me!

It's funny what you say about the stainless paperweight. My family wanted to buy me something special for my birthday last year, and I had to do some serious convincing that a knife would be *more* special to me than whatever trinket they had in mind. After that, I had to convince them that they were absolutely not to pick out the knife on their own, I would do it for them.

Finally, I got what I wanted, though they still don't understand the whole thing. A nice ring makes much more sense to them.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you're dying to know: they bought me my Krait!

Joe
jat@cup.hp.com

Man, you must be REALLY SPECIAL!

Maby I do need to have kids one day
wink.gif

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

I got the 'rents, my sister, and my then-girlfriend to all go in, but it's the same concept. Now you know why I married that girl
smile.gif

Joe

O.K. I am giving my wife the dagger... 8 inches of hollow ground double edged blade tip to nickel silver guard. Ivory Micarta handle with semi-precious stones embedded. If you don't hear from me again, at least it was with a blade of my own.........

------------------
Ron Ruppé
http://www.ruppe.com

[This message has been edited by Ruppe (edited 11-04-98).]

I think that the Benchmade Sentinel is about the best knife to give to one who is not of the "Knife" mentality.
It looks really nice and offers the owner an appreciation of finer things to come.
( I know, I gave my significant other one and it was entirely appreciated...)

This is Toni, aka She Who Must Be Obeyed. Jim keeps trying to give me knives which I can't carry. (I have to go through metal detectors a lot.) I have a solution for clueless relatives who want to give gifts to a knife person. My mother has the habit of giving me, my sister, and our husbands gift certificates of equal value for Christmas. I had her give Jim a gift certificate from his favorite knife supply store. Get the relative to get a gift certificate from your favorite knife source, and you can pick out what you want. If your source doesn't do gift certificates, just call them and ask if they will for you. If they don't want to lose the sale, they'll write up a letter or something.

- Toni

If I had a significant other, I'd give her a small decorated Sebenza. It's beautiful and functional. Unfortunately, a good woman is as hard to find as a good knife. Well, I haven't given up looking.
smile.gif

------------------

Win
Knife lover, Philosopher, Humanitarian, and All-around nice guy
(all right, so I'm just a knife lover)

Well I am sitting here reading this with my wife and I just realized I have never given her a knife! A gun, pepper spray and stun guns but never a knife. Well I just asked her what she wants for a knife and here is the answer.

She likes the STEALTH - Cheyenne with wood scales.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator

Several Sydie models, and a Boyer multi carry tanto.
smile.gif

She says that she is NOT buying me a knife, as I buy too many myself.
smile.gif

Back