I'm Not a Bad Knife, I'm Just Drawn That Way

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
So, I'm doing a collaboration with Johnny Mac. He sent me his drawing, and I did a re-draw. Its his turn to re-draw, but I really like the one I drew, so I made a few.

This knife is badass. Sort of a Shank Dirk. Reminds me of something a lady of the evening pressed to a rough cowboy's neck if she felt threatened. You can just see this thing tucked in a garter.

It reminded me of the line in Roger Rabbit. "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way." Thats kinda exactly what happened to this pretty little knife.

20110805101_4325-vi.jpg

20110805101_4326-vi.jpg

20110805101_4328-vi.jpg

A pic of the naughty drawing...

20110805101_4324-vi.jpg

NICE! my wife actually has a small knife attached to a garter she can wear under dresses and skirts and such. the total length is like 2 in. Its crazy cool.

It would be bad to have that at my neck. I'll be nice, I swear!

Dangerous and classy at the same time, my kinda woman!

The "Ivory" handle gives it a rakish look. Like a gambler's boot blade. Cool design.

Looks Awesome Andy! I think the bottom of your handle and the added width will work better than the top drawing. Im not really into swedges but that knife will look killer with one of Johnny Macs! Killer liners too, I gotta try that.

I like it but I would like it more if it had the same grind as the drawing.

That's really sweet, I like the energy and contrast of that one a lot. And I agree, It does look like it would be right at home in the garter of a woman with more about her than meets the eye.

I will be doing some convex in 5/32" thick. This one is 1/8 thick. Better in Scandi. I also cut a 3/32" thick one and scandi'd it.

Johnny Mac drew the first drawing. I re-drew and made a proto. Now its his turn. He gets this prototype. I get his. We'll see how many we go through.

Johnny Mac drew the first drawing. I re-drew and made a proto. Now its his turn. He gets this prototype. I get his. We'll see how many we go through.

Thanks, just wanted to check that the first drawing was his original design. Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing this evolve :thumbup:

Thanks everybody for the input! And a big thanks to Andy for putting together the first proto, which turned out amazing:thumbup:. I'll do some minor tweaking, build the second proto and then it will be back in Andy's court. Looking forward to narrowing down the details!

Looking forward to seeing yours Jonny! Andy Great work, definitely looks stabby.

Can't see all the pictures here at work but I watched "Robin Hood" today and it reminded me of the place a good dagger has. Garter belt knives can't be far off that mark...

Back