I'm Not a Bad Knife, I'm Just Drawn That Way

It's a purty knife, but not a garter knife. Taper the tang, thin the scales and forge in the bevels for more distal taper to the point would reduce the weight by nearly half.........nothing worse than a droopy garter on a well turned leg!
Just yanking the chain Andy, nicely done!
Enjoyed talking with you yesterday, we need to go wet some string.

Nice work gents! Both sketches and Andy's prototype look awsome, but just incase you're looking for feedback, I like Johnny's blade shape better, and Andy's handle.

Made myself one of these this week. My favorite handle combo. It is a dangerous knife. Very female. Useful loyal tool, but don't pay attention, you're gutted. I've already stabbed myself with it while sanding another knife.

20110819102_4421-vi.jpg

20110819102_4422-vi.jpg

20110819102_4426-vi.jpg

20110819102_4427-vi.jpg

20110819102_4429-vi.jpg

20110805101_4324-vi.jpg

20110819102_4431-vi.jpg

It's a purty knife, but not a garter knife. Taper the tang, thin the scales and forge in the bevels for more distal taper to the point would reduce the weight by nearly half.........nothing worse than a droopy garter on a well turned leg!
Just yanking the chain Andy, nicely done!
Enjoyed talking with you yesterday, we need to go wet some string.

I'll taper the tang on a batch of them just to suit your fancy. Its that time of year anyway. Gotta proove I can do it once a year.

LOL. No foul Crex. Yes. Lets fish next week. When are you free? I'm going to do only 5 next week. Plenty of time off...

Now that'd unzip anything!
My GranMuddy always told me the sharp pointy end would cut me......a lesson I learned all too often.
In Hanging Dog right now, but will call you when I get back.

Back