I'm the Luckiest Person On the Porch

Hearing stories like this never gets old. Kudos to the fantastic four for pulling of a generous caper of this magnitude. Great job on the knife Evan! Bob, you are very deserving of friends like them. Congrats!

Awesomely great read to start the day. Cheers to all involved. The knife is beautiful and in the possession of a true inspiration to us all. Enjoy it, Bob, and thanks for sharing.

Congratulations, Bob; that is an exquisite knife!! :thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks for enriching The Porch by sharing the story. :cool:
Four flawless photos; four fantastic friends!! :eek::thumbup:
Plaudits to Duncan, Evan, Paul, and Ron for their generous, thoughtful friendship (and for their devious ways ;)).

- GT

What an incredible gift from some incredible gentlemen! I too am a HUGE fan of Evan's checker working and actually just reached out to him to ask how he does it. There are two types of people... I once asked someone else how they made some custom scales for a modern folder and they were very guarded about their techniques. They had spent the time and effort on their own to figure it out and didn't want to give that away I suppose. Evan is the other kind of guy. He went out of his way to give me way more detail than I expected and even sent me links to all of the tools used for the process.

Sorry, that story is a little all over the place but it is just nice to see something I was just talking/learning about last week show up here in the form of a gift to the great BigBiscuit :) All sorts of treasures are making their way towards New England these days... (GO PATS!!!) :cool:

Thanks again fellas.
Jim, that's just the way Evan is. Very gracious with whatever he can offer back to the community. :cool: :D Pats are on to #6! :eek: :D

We are all lucky to have found this place. Each and every member is a part of what became here.
Great gift, great friendship, and great craftsmanship.

WOW

Mike

I must re-word something I said in a couple of posts of mine ago, Ron, Paul and Evan are the major contributors here - I said that Evan did things next to nothing - well in comparison to the job - with the extreme high level of workmanship - imagine how much it should cost, Evan donated the Ivory as well!!! :eek: - Paul and Ron went in halves to pay for the rest of the job which is so generous of those two - Ron and Paul PLEASE accept my apologies - I didnt mean it to sound as though your part ( which was the major part ) was minimal - as it certainly wasnt - thank you again you guys.

I was just making my breakfast this morning and that flashed though my mind what I said and I thought "Oh No....that sounded so wrong......." so here we are:eek: :eek: :foot:

Wow! Great bunch of guys, for sure.

Know that there are still lots of people out there praying for you.

I must re-word something I said in a couple of posts of mine ago, Ron, Paul and Evan are the major contributors here - I said that Evan did things next to nothing - well in comparison to the job - with the extreme high level of workmanship - imagine how much it should cost, Evan donated the Ivory as well!!! :eek: - Paul and Ron went in halves to pay for the rest of the job which is so generous of those two - Ron and Paul PLEASE accept my apologies - I didnt mean it to sound as though your part ( which was the major part ) was minimal - as it certainly wasnt - thank you again you guys.

I was just making my breakfast this morning and that flashed though my mind what I said and I thought "Oh No....that sounded so wrong......." so here we are:eek: :eek: :foot:

No, No, No, No Duncan Morgan No apology is needed, non whatsoever. You my friend, are always sincere and with a heart bigger than that little country you come from:D I am baffled you saw it that way:confused:confused:

I can safely say no one, Bob, Evan, Ron, myself or the great members responding to this thread read anything you posted as negative in any way shape or form and if you continue to feel this way simply send me all your Harness Jacks:D:D:D and your TC collection then it will be ok:p

Seriously Duncan, not a single person here read anything negative period.

I will however still take all your HJ' s and TC's:D

Absolutely correct Paul. Duncan my friend, just put those thoughts right out of your head. except for the part about sending your collection this way. I think Paul and I can come to some kind of arrangement :D

That is STUNNING!!. I have been thinking of a rehandle on a knife i have and was thinkin stag, but wow now i,m thinking something with checkering. Bocote being my favorite wood I wonder how it would look checkered. Hmmmm.

I haven't read through the thread, but that is a beautiful knife, and a beautiful gesture. Of course if one judges the quality of a man by the company he keeps and the friends he attracts, then it isn't surprising that you would receive such a gift. You make the porch a better place.

Absolutely correct Paul. Duncan my friend, just put those thoughts right out of your head. except for the part about sending your collection this way. I think Paul and I can come to some kind of arrangement :D

LOL!!! exactly what Bob said:D see fine print:p

That is STUNNING!!. I have been thinking of a rehandle on a knife i have and was thinkin stag, but wow now i,m thinking something with checkering. Bocote being my favorite wood I wonder how it would look checkered. Hmmmm.

FOG, Evan did my Walnut TC and is ABSOLUTELY flawless:thumbup:

No, No, No, No Duncan Morgan No apology is needed, non whatsoever. You my friend, are always sincere and with a heart bigger than that little country you come from:D I am baffled you saw it that way:confused:confused:

I can safely say no one, Bob, Evan, Ron, myself or the great members responding to this thread read anything you posted as negative in any way shape or form and if you continue to feel this way simply send me all your Harness Jacks:D:D:D and your TC collection then it will be ok:p

Seriously Duncan, not a single person here read anything negative period.

I will however still take all your HJ' s and TC's:D

Duncan - I could've spent all night trying figure out something to say here but as it turns out our friend Paul has said everything that I could have said myself! There is absolutely no apologies needed! I am also confused about your feelings as to why you would even think there was a need for one! :confused:

Now about those TC's my friend..... :D

Duncan - I could've spent all night trying figure out something to say here but as it turns out our friend Paul has said everything that I could have said myself! There is absolutely no apologies needed! I am also confused about your feelings as to why you would even think there was a need for one! :confused:

Now about those TC's my friend..... :D

;):cool::thumbup:

Back