• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Impala with stag crown

G L Drew

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
A drop point hunter with a very interesting handle. The black horn is the last cut from an imapala that did not have the distinctive ridges. I thought it looked OK anyway and made a nice complement to the stag crown.

1/8 inch ATS34 heat treated to Rc 58-60 with a cryogenic quench.
Hollow ground with a mirror finish
Handle is a white tail crown and an impala horn.
Overall length:9 1/4 inches
Blade:4 1/2 inches
The knife balances just behind the guard making the handle lay nicely in the hand
Leather scabbard

$150 This knife is sold; Thanks Chrisplus $5 Priority Mail to the lower 48. Paypal, money order or check (If you don't mind waiting for it to clear before I ship) are accepted.

IMG_3554.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

That is a fine looking knife! How would that fit the hand of an 11 yr old?
Thanks,
Bill

That is a very interesting piece. The picture display is very well done to show the knife to us. Not only the knife but I really like the sheath that comes with it.

That is a fine looking knife! How would that fit the hand of an 11 yr old?
Thanks,
Bill

Not a large knife Bill: the diameter is about 1 to 1 1/4 inches with about 4 inches of grip because of the crown. I had to grin at your question because I have an 11 year old grandson that wants me to make him a knife like the largest one in my showcase.

Nice work Gerry! I see the technical info on the blade, but being a knife maker who hunts, practically, how does this steel hold up to field dressing / butchering work?

Nice work Gerry! I see the technical info on the blade, but being a knife maker who hunts, practically, how does this steel hold up to field dressing / butchering work?

On my last trip to Alaska, I field dressed and butchered 4 caribou with a very similar knife to this one plus the camp chores that come with being the only guy on the trip that could cook. I couldn't shave with the knife when I got home but it was still working sharp. The secret to good results from ATS34 is in the heat treating and D'Holder does a great job. Of course blade style and edge angle play a big role too.

If its in mint condition, I'll take it.....send email to xxxcdg59 AT sbcglobal.net(delete the x's) with paypal instructions..

Regards

If its in mint condition, I'll take it.....send email to xxxcdg59 AT sbcglobal.net(delete the x's) with paypal instructions..

Regards

E-mail has been sent to you. The knife is new and has never been used.
Gerry

It appears I missed out... :( On ATS34 and game- I used an Edmund Davidson hunter in ATS34 years ago and filed dressed 11 derr and butchered(blocked) 6 of them before resharpening. I don't split the sternum so on hide and meat- ATS34 holds up just fine! :)
Bill

Back