Incredible Gift From Carl (Jackknife)

A week or so ago I made a post about how much I love my small, sub 3 inch folders and asked for recommendations about models I may not have heard out and should give a try. Carl (aka jackknife) asked if I had every considered carrying a small fixed blade for everyday use, and I admitted I had not as I don't have any sheath knives nearly small enough. So of course Carl being the incredibly gracious man that he is sent me this gorgeous mike miller fixed blade! I included a few pics below, I snapped them really quickly so they aren't great quality and really don't do this little beaut justice. She has a gorgeous edge with an incredible secondary bevel, I can't wait to go after some apples with her. I can't express my thanks to Carl enough, this is probably the nicest knife in my collection now and is such an incredible gift. She has beautiful giraffe bone scales with cryo treated 01 steel. Thanks again to Carl, I am amazed by the kindness and generosity of the guys here on the traditional forum. Cheers!

MillerCustom1_zps9745b45f.jpg

With the peanut and one of the two sheaths Carl included in the gift.
MillerCustomwithPeanut_zpsfb1d4994.jpg

bwperdue

Gold Member
Man, I can't keep up with all of the gifting going on around here! Very nice!

Wow that is a gorgeous knife for sure. I can't stop looking at those scales. Very cool gesture by jackknife!

pertinux

Basic Member
Nothing cheesy about that knife! :)

-- I know I'm not alone in having admired Carl's little fixed blade for some time now, nor in reckoning the quality of the man.

Not in that order.

Congratulations!

~ P.

Jack Black

Gold Member
Great knife, sure it'll be treasured. Well done Carl :thumbup:

Hard to keep up with all the kindness here :)

Great little fixed blade :) I´m sure it will serve you well. It´s appearance is to be a pretty slicing devil :D

Thanks for sharing.

I really like that knife. I too carry a small fixed blade almost daily. I find that it is much easier and faster to use than a folder. The one I use most often is a McAhron neck knife I have sown into the inside of my leather jacket.
15ED7404-3E50-4DFD-850B-8E9ACA71B3BD-3614-000004A984C8CEBD_zpsae5278ab.jpg

And Carl, one of these days I'm going to find a knife you want that you don't already have....

Last edited:
Awesome gift, great knife too:thumbup: It seems that would be a perfect edc:thumbup: Great people on this forum!!

As part of a recent gifting myself (not from Carl but from another great man), I have to say that the generosity around here is incredible. That little gift sure is a beauty.

paulhilborn

Gold Member
I don't think I've seen the little fixed blade before but do remember hearing about it. What a terrific gift from a terrific man and storyteller :)

Your response is very gracious as well Cheeseiest1.

Paul

I don't think I've seen the little fixed blade before but do remember hearing about it. What a terrific gift from a terrific man and storyteller :)

Your response is very gracious as well Cheeseiest1.

Paul

How could one not be gracious in the face of such a generous gift?! As the archetypal poor college student for whom a case peanut was an extravagant investment, this knife is way nicer than anything I could afford myself. That Carl was willing to part with such a nice knife and send it to someone he has never met in person is mind-blowingly generous, and I am very thankful for this incredible gift. Haha I've actually been acting like a 5 year old about it all day, I get excited every time I remember it's in my pocket.