Indispensable...

I need a more recent photo of it, but definitely my LC. It goes with me whenever I am out in the field, and it is indispensable around the vineyard. I'm sure that the MC or other knives meet many people's needs better than the LC, but for me the LC hits a sweet spot that other choppers just don't quite reach.
full

For me it has to be the DEK1.
This one is from the 1st drop I think.
I have been carrying it 95% of the time since I received it. So versatile! And I love the ergonomics, definitely my favorite!
SQST1jzh.jpg

ETA: I have abused this thing like a $2 Gerber and it takes it like a champ

Last edited:
If I could only have ONE CPK:

MC for me.

They're all great, but I've been a fan of Large Camp Knives for a long time. I can use them well for most purposes in the boonies and appreciate the added chopping power over the HDFK or LC.

While I love the DEK1, FK2 and BFK, if I had to give them all up except one, MC it is.

Last edited:
If I could only have ONE CPK:

MC for me.

They're all great, but I've been a fan of Large Camp Knives for a long time. I can use them well for most purposes in the boonies and appreciate the added chopping power over the HDFK or LC.

While I love the DEK1, FK2 and BFK, if I had to give them all up except one, MC it is.
I just about threw a flag on that one...

False start, illegal procedure, and too many knives on the field...

You got off lightly, my friend. 😂

It's the boot dagger for several reasons.
The first sight of it was visceral and gave me an adrenaline rush. I simply had to have it. As a hobbyist maker I could make some reasonably similar version of most of the models, but the grind on the boot dagger with it's non-constant radius hollow... that is special. If we include very limited projects like the integral shiv then I might change my answer.

I'd hate to give up my edc2 but I just couldn't let go of my Dek1.

In fact, it is the one knife I'd hold onto if I could only have 1 knife in general, not limited to CPK.
Pending specs and steel, the Dek2 may potentially take that spot.

But for now....

iplDtCK.jpg

I only have the BFK and I love it, since 3v dek1s are gone and also light and medium choppers

I'll try and wait for the dek3 and maybe another chopper!

There's DEK1's for sale here on the forum probably every week. You can also ask if anyone has one that they would part with on CPK - Buy, Sell, or trade thread. It's the top sticky thread.

That’s the one that you inspired Nathan to produce, the EDC3! :thumbsup:
What's different about it, Gusbuster Gusbuster ? Fill me in on the nuances if you don't mind.
Actually, I believe it was JJ_Colt45 JJ_Colt45 who was attacked by a dog while mowing the lawn, and he used his EDC2 to repel the attack. The story inspired Nathan to produce a weaponized version with a swedge, the EDC3.

Back