1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

INFI Ratweiler Death Chat!!!

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by snwbrdr202, Nov 16, 2016.

1. snwbrdr202

snwbrdr202 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Seeing that the forum is getting smaller and smaller, I thought we'd try to breathe some life into the Swamp and start a death chat! We've talked about an INFI Ratweiler for years now. What do you guys think?! The infi Ratmandu was a huge success. Can't imagine a better INFI Rat than the Ratweiler...

2. snwbrdr202

Mar 9, 2009
    46 views and no one else is keen?!

3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    I would take a Rat but the Chopweiler would be a winner as well... :D

4. snwbrdr202

Mar 9, 2009
    You got me there mate. I'll take 2 of each lol!

5. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I suppose space could be found for INFI versions...
    [​IMG]

What good is a thread with no pics? ;)

6. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I'm game brother! :thumbup::thumbup:

7. AnotherDogDown17

AnotherDogDown17 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Yes please!
    To be fair though, I'd buy any blade the swamp put out in INFI. 😊

8. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I'd be in. Ratweiler, Chopweiler, or maybe a nuked RatMastiff.....

9. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    INFI ratweiler would be awesome !!!!!

Those big brothers mentioned above sound good too !!!

How about an INFI HRLM ? BIG or Comp finish with full flat grind

10. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    I'd settle for INFI Chop Mastiff... ;)

11. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    I'd even skip SR-101 one if both were offered!

And yup, nuked would work.

12. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    I think INFI Ratweiler is a great idea.
    Would I buy one? Hmm, depends on the price. I paid $219 for my latest model. What would an INFI model cost? If it was $50-$100 more, sure. If it was double? Not sure.

I mean, I don't know if I would buy one personally because (1) I already have two Ratweilers in SR-101 and I think SR-101 is awesome as it is; and (2) for me, INFI is overpriced seeing as the only substantial benefit is better rust resistance. But I still think it would be a great idea as there is a group of INFI fans who would love it. For me, the Ratweiler design is a true gem.

As I recall, they did offer a Ratweiler LE a few years ago; was that INFI? Not sure.

Right now, it appears that Busse is shifting away from INFI and more toward SR-101, at least for the current market. Which makes sense, because we still have 90 million people not in the work force (hoping that changes soon). It would be interesting to know how their current sales of INFI compare to SR-101. I suspect that only a handful of people are buying these INFI blades, but they are a very devoted group, and rightly so.

At any rate, I think it's obvious the blade masters at Busse have hit a sweet spot (price/performance) with the BG SR-101 series offerings, and I think there is a good reason for that. SR-101 appears to be driving their sales. Just an observation; looks to me like only 5 of the last 16 knives on the Busse site were even offered in INFI. That's less than a third:
    http://www.bussecombat.com/categories.php

All I know is, I really admire what ALL these Busse/Kin knives stand for. After speaking with Dan Busse a few days ago, I could tell they are good people who care a lot about their customers. And to have this kind of quality blade handmade on our American soil is an honor these days. So yes, I would like to see an INFI Ratweiler, I think it would be awesome! Anyway, thanks for the post brother, we need some conversation over here! :thumbup:

13. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    The 'weiler LE was satin SR101 mate.

14. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    Thanks, I couldn't remember and wasn't sure if they made an SR-101 blades without the black coating or not. I think there is still a misperception that SR-101 is too prone to rust, and the fact that they offered an un-coated version says a lot.

15. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    Compared to INFI they are "more prone" and that is where the confusion seems to reign, people equate "more prone than INFI" (which is known for it's GREAT corrosion resistance) to rusts away to dust asap. It is just untrue. I have made the point though personal experience that SR101 is very resiliant and when it does develop a little red cancer this is light and surface and generally wipes away with a oiled rag. I DON'T oil my 101 when i am in the field, just clean it off (including the stripped blades)and leave it dry (after dressing game, doing meals etc) and have no issues.

16. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    I'm in on the death chant.

17. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    This! Infi! Yes please! Love it to DEATH...

18. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    After professing his undying love for me earlier this morning elof_alv has graciously offered me that Chopweiler as a token of his affection...despite not swinging that way I have agreed to accept it nonetheless... :eek: :D his version if of course that his Mrs and I share initials and it makes it easy to iMessage the wrong person....but I prefer my version ;)

19. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    Mate, you're in my top 3 text rotation, it was honest mistake!
    If you don't believe, join me in the titty bar I'm in!

20. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    FB, I think the dominance of SR-101 over INFI in O2W was meant to increase the customer base.
    If you read confessions of Busse (not so) Anonymous members, more than a few blame their addiction on RMD (myself included). So lots of the regular buyers/addicts started with SR-101...
    Then it makes sense that extending customer base by SR-101 offerings would happen.