1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 20 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker BO734 Urban Trapper Cocobolo, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday May 18!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, May 19 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

INFI Ratweiler Death Chat!!!

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by snwbrdr202, Nov 16, 2016.

1. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    I would definitely be in for 1 or 2-Merry Christmas

2. Maqua

Maqua Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2005
    Yes. Grail knife.

3. snwbrdr202

snwbrdr202 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2009
    2017 IS THE YEAR! Year of the (INFI) Rat :thumbup:

4. Revolverrodger

Revolverrodger Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I'm in for a bunch !

5. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    I would bite

6. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    An INFI ratweiler sounds great !!! I'd be INFI for at least a couple.

So what's everyone's thoughts on finish ?
    Combat grade to keep cost down, option of stripping later ?
    B.I.G. Finish ?
    Comp Finish ? A favorite of mine, I use the one with most tool marks lol :)
    Satin Finish ?

For me I'd like to see combat grade or comp finish. Keep the costs down = more knives :) lol

I'd also wouldn't mind seeing a infidu comeback :)

7. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    Satin finish would be cool.
    Not sure how the B.I.G. or Comp Finish would differ or what they are exactly.

Although even in 'basic black' she's inspiring... :)

[​IMG]

8. Mike-The-Knife

Mike-The-Knife

Dec 6, 2011
    I am a big fan of the design of the Ratweiler . I've always been surprised that it was not brought out in INFI as a Busse Combat knife rather than a Swamp Rat right from the start .
    I've wanted one for a long time and was so pissed after being away from here due to other large financial obligations , only to see that I had MISSED the new Ratweilers just before I came back .

However .... TODAY I snagged one of the 3/16" models on the exchange ! I think an INFI Ratweiler would be be a winner for sure .

9. snwbrdr202

Mar 9, 2009
    Congrats Mike! Throw some pictures up when she's in hand :thumbup:

10. Mike-The-Knife

Mike-The-Knife

Dec 6, 2011
    I certainly will ! I can't wait :D

11. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    But then it wouldn't be a RATweiler.

As for recent trends, SR-101 has been overtaking the Busse Combat side, not the other way around. INFI is well-loved but SR-101 is a great steel and better value in its own right, so that's the way its going. But yeah man, I agree with you on the design, it's a gem!

12. snwbrdr202

Mar 9, 2009
    I was thinking about that the other day. We have seen a bunch of Busse Combat classics in SR101, but it would be great to see some more Swamp Rat classics in INFI besides the Ratmandu! I wonder how much Johnny Walker it would take to bribe Jerry to start cutting some blanks :p

13. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Thread defibrillation! ZOT!!! :eek:

I'll take a couple if they're shiny!!!!

14. Mike-The-Knife

Mike-The-Knife

Dec 6, 2011
    A couple of pics as promised . Sadly between work , life and cleaning snow I haven't had the chance to get any action shots "yet" . But I hope to change that soon .

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

15. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Now an INFI Chopweiler..... :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

16. Maqua

Maqua Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2005
    Bring it!

17. snwbrdr202

Mar 9, 2009
    I'll Take 2! Maybe 3 :cool:

18. alaus

alaus

Nov 11, 2007
    Would you like the M9 back that you sold me years ago? :D

19. Don't drop it.

Don't drop it. Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2014
    I'd tread lightly Andy, judging by the pics Him and his wife can have a knife in both hands, Or Elof has Four arms!! Either way... I guess you are lucky Australia is a big Country :D
    Oh wait !! Looks like you both live in Sydney! You still have time to move North. :)

20. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Both he and I can arrive at the "sand bar" wearing INFI armour and wielding INFI in each hand... a blood letting would soon be forgotten when the blade comparisons started....he does not frighten me...after all he has told me he loves me several time now... ;) ;)