1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Information from Instagram and Facebook!

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Hubmonkey

Hubmonkey

Aug 23, 2015
    Really?! My order was around that time I got it a while back. Definitely call them and find out what the hold up is...

Hub

2. prestige

prestige Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Yep, for real. I would not joke about this... especially in here. Just contacted them from their site and got a response in 5 minutes :thumbsup:. Apparently they are having supply issues with the black and green linen micarta.

Edit: I requested both knives in black canvas so they should arrive soon. Guys, thank you for sharing your orders in the forum. Otherwise I would not have known of the delay. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  3. scout1sg

scout1sg

Nov 9, 2009
    That sounds like a Starter Campaign Order from that far back, I assumed the 4.1 Starters have been fulfilled by now.

4. prestige

prestige Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Correct.

Not if you have ordered with Black or Green Linen micarta.

5. scout1sg

scout1sg

Nov 9, 2009
    Those are pretty standard scale options, hard to believe that is an issue over 3 years old. I've received scales in those options on other models, not sure why 4.1s with those scale options would be that problematic. Of course some input from others might be contrary but assume there were many starter orders with green and or black linen scales.

6. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    If you look back at the new spec 4.1 Bettys they were all in green linen micarta as well so maybe some quality issues in the handle materials in the past.

7. scout1sg

scout1sg

Nov 9, 2009
    I suppose I need to see what my pre-sale 4.1 scales were when ordering, over 2 years old so forget and always have to log back into the SK site to check, hope that's not yet another set back. They supposedly have had my blade for some time (from the original grinder) but well back in the pecking order from pre-orders from later 2015 and early 2016.

8. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Silver Needle and Psybull like this.