infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherguy

BANNED
can someone tell me what an infraction is and why i'm missing 40 points permanently? how many points do i get? something doesn't seem right please fix it

looks like in the last post you made you used a dirty word as part of a derogatory remark, directed at a moderator nonetheless.

The best fix would be to mind your Ps & Qs, get along to move along, and try to keep from getting any more infractions. I don't know how many you get, might want to look through the ToS and FAQ.... you should probably look back through all that stuff anyway.

it says i was sassin a mod or something, but the mod sassed me first so i was sticking up for myself

it says i was sassin a mod or something, but the mod sassed me first so i was sticking up for myself

You made a unnecessary comment in a thread in that moderators home forum about not buying anymore kabars, to which the moderator responded with "see ya".....
You then responded by calling the moderator an "asshole".
In my opinion, you rightfully earned the infraction and unless the kabar/becker mods wish to be nice and reverse it, the infraction will stand.

i will most likely never buy a kabar again
What do you mean by "see ya!"? don't be such an asshole please

to be honest i'm new and didn't know that he was a "mod nor did i know it was his "turf" and my original comment was just pure opinion as i am disappointed in kabars quality. the fact is that him being a mod shouldn't even be a factor if he just abuses his power to get away with insulting me. if any thing he should have got an infraction. so i guess i have to make a new account since im basicly already perma banned.

You may as well just hit the button.
red___button_by_jesgrad07-d4ae1xo.gif

to be honest i'm new and didn't know that he was a "mod nor did i know it was his "turf" and my original comment was just pure opinion as i am disappointed in kabars quality. the fact is that him being a mod shouldn't even be a factor if he just abuses his power to get away with insulting me. if any thing he should have got an infraction. so i guess i have to make a new account since im basicly already perma banned.

It's not the moderators fault that you didn't read the rules or notice that he was the moderator of the forum you were in.
The moderator did not "insult" you, but you surely did "insult" the moderator.
There was no "abuse" of power here.
Duplicate accounts are not allowed, if you do go this route, expect that all your accounts will be banned.

seeya? what is that supposed to mean? get off bladeforums you are not welcome? that's a little rude to say to someone with 6 posts. i also read many rules and unfortunately there seems to be new ones every new page so its hard to know them all. i agree that calling him an asshole is a rule breaker so why not just make my infraction that? also why are duplicate accounts prohibited, if you're banned for something dumb like this you can never use this site again? that's just retarded. "not saying i will" but if i made a new account there would be no way to figure out it was me you know. also i haven't seen that rule anywhere on this site.

seeya? what is that supposed to mean? get off bladeforums you are not welcome? that's a little rude to say to someone with 6 posts. i also read many rules and unfortunately there seems to be new ones every new page so its hard to know them all. i agree that calling him an asshole is a rule breaker so why not just make my infraction that? also why are duplicate accounts prohibited, if you're banned for something dumb like this you can never use this site again? that's just retarded. "not saying i will" but if i made a new account there would be no way to figure out it was me you know. also i haven't seen that rule anywhere on this site.

The "seeya" comment meant "see ya later".....meaning "goodbye".
You gave no explanation for the comment, making it an unnecessary comment.
Just the same as if you were to go to someones home and make a rude comment about your host, you would be shown the door.

If you truly wish to be a member of this community, take time to read the rules.....both site and forum specific. Read the Sticky threads at the top of each forum. Check your attitude at the door. Mind your manners.

Just so you are aware. We can indeed see every account you make.
If a member is banned for poor behavior under one account, we don't want them back and will remove any account they make thereafter.

i just took the "seeya" comment as hostile, as i didn't want to leave nor did i think about leaving, now i realize he was telling me to leave the becker forums, but at the time i didn't even know i was in the becker forums as i clicked from the "whats new" tab. i had every right to say i most likely wouldn't buy a kabar again as my first becker came with a serious defect and my second came with a jacked up grind, same as the thread. i'd be happy to stay on blade forums if the infraction was removed, but i'm not going to be on the edge of getting my account closed. i could easily get away with making a new account simply by changing my IP address, as that is the only way you'd be able to tell multiple accounts. also can you please link me to the rule that states no multiple accounts?

Hello pantherguy and Welcome! I have some good news,
You are not banned........yet.
Reality Check:
Membership on Blade Forums is a privilege and that privilege can be revoked. This can and does come as a shock to some members. The forums and sub forums and threads are monitored. There is no carte blanche here. All members must abide by the rules and there are moderators in place to ascertain that occurs. You have now discovered this fact and are still reacting negatively to that discovery. When you joined you were asked if you agree to the terms of membership and you obviously clicked 'Yes' or you would not be here. That 'Yes' binds you to the terms of your membership agreement.
It is much like visiting the public library. While there you can walk around, read, review some reference materials, but to check out a book you must join the library. If you damge the book or disturb the other patrons or otherwise create discord, you can be asked to leave and your library card can be revoked. Management reserves the right to refuse service to ...anyone.
A Warning:
One way to get banned is to get caught with two accounts. Another is to express resistance and disrespect to the moderators of the thread you are posting on.
And is it really a wise move to post deragatory replies about a specific knife type, brand, style, catagory on a thread dedicated to said knifes appreciation? Honestly?
There are two schools of thought on BF's. One is read the Rules & F.A.Q.'s and the posts of the fellow users of the sub forums that interest you. Notice how they reply and emulate their behaviour OR Second, d☆☆☆ the torpedoes full speed ahead! If you wish to express yourself with, shall we say, colorful vocabulary, there is a place for that: the whine and cheese sub forum. Not for the timid but you can express yourself with all the colorful language your heart desires. But understand, it too like all sub forums is also monitered.

is your problem please?? so what you got a infraction. just look at what you did and learn from it so you won't do it again. that is what I did. some I said yes it was my fault. some I think I should of not got one. but I have learned. this is a very good place to learn about knifes o I would not screw it up if I was you. I have never bad mouth a mod and I will never do it. now if I think I am right I will tell them but I am going to do it in a polite way.

Many of the rules are common sense like not insulting people.

Consider your infraction as part of your initiation, there is a learning curve when one is new to a chat room. I got an infraction early on and learned from it, many others have also claimed to have made similar mistakes so you are not alone by a long shot. Think of this place as a big knife show, bar or meeting place. How you conduct yourself will determine how well you will be recieved by the membership or community. Act like a jerk and expect the same in return. 40 points; think of it as a lesson learned and paid for (hey its only points not $s). Move on from it and join the crowd here and enjoy yourself. The rules are pretty simple, act nice and you will be part of this community. Nobody wants a jerk around in the room, would you?

to clarify, i wasn't telling anyone to leave, or get lost, or so on

if someone tell me "i'm probably/may not buying one of these again", i fully expect i won't be seeing much them them anymore. that's basically a good-bye message

so my saying "see ya!" is friendly short hand for "see you later maybe"

personally, i couldn't have imagined someone would INSULT me for saying good-bye. how rude!

as well, it wasn't ME than did the ban. it was one of the many dozens of mods that saw the post, and knew it was a deal breaker

now, if in a "little while", the OP wishes to formally apologize, and has indicated that they have read ALL the rules, perhaps the ban can be changed to expiring

but that's not my call, eh?

... i'd be happy to stay on blade forums if the infraction was removed, but i'm not going to be on the edge of getting my account closed...

If you just knock it off with your attitude and disrespectful comments you'll be fine, you don't have to like people, hell you can even argue with them if it comes to it, that's how forums work. Lots can be learned in a disagreement, about the topic at hand and about the people involved, but there is no reason to insult anyone. I've made plenty of questionable remarks around here, had words with a few people including a [very high level] mod or two, yet I've never been infracted cause I keep my composure, don't insult anyone and try to deal strictly in fact, not false accusations/ verbal insults.

The fact is you didn't know him, you took his comment wrong and insulted him for no reason. You could have said something [even not knowing he was a mod] about it and how you thought he was being disrespectful to you other than just insulting him, it's not that you had to kiss the guy's ass, or take any "sass" from anyone, but in any situation, regardless of his status here, calling him an asshole was what made you in the wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back