infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
seeya? what is that supposed to mean? get off bladeforums you are not welcome? that's a little rude to say to someone with 6 posts. i also read many rules and unfortunately there seems to be new ones every new page so its hard to know them all. i agree that calling him an asshole is a rule breaker so why not just make my infraction that? also why are duplicate accounts prohibited, if you're banned for something dumb like this you can never use this site again? that's just retarded. "not saying i will" but if i made a new account there would be no way to figure out it was me you know. also i haven't seen that rule anywhere on this site.

The bottom line here is this:
First of all, you made a mistake, if you are not man enough to offer up an apology for your own mistakes then that is on you. Accountability is a characteristic of maturity in people. Blaming everyone on the planet for things other than yourself does not always work well.
Second, if someone makes the decision to have duplicate accounts on here, they do get caught. It might not be immediately, but it will happen. I can tell you this from first hand experience. I've found many people that thought they were slick, come in with new names, new computers, new IP addresses, and I've usually caught them sooner or later. People make mistakes, it's natural. But it is how we choose to deal with those mistakes that makes or breaks us. Man up, swallow that foolish pride, apologize to the person you insulted and move forward.

Last edited:
Do infractions expire?
I plan on staying in this Forum for a loooong time.
But if I get two infraction a year for not being careful for example and responding to some off topic posts then I will be kicked out in a few years?
:(

Some infractions, especially insulting someone directly / over the top stuff doesn't expire but most do.

1. can someone tell me what an infraction is 2. why i'm missing 40 points permanently? 3. something doesn't seem right please fix it

but the infraction was false so how do i get it taken off?

to clarify.....how rude!........now, if in a "little while", the OP wishes to formally apologize, and has indicated that they have read ALL the rules, perhaps the ban can be changed to expiring but that's not my call, eh?

..well, panther, I think you have your answer. What you do with it is up to you...

Do infractions expire?
I plan on staying in this Forum for a loooong time.
But if I get two infraction a year for not being careful for example and responding to some off topic posts then I will be kicked out in a few years?
:(

...have the rules suddenly been printed in welsh?

Uhm, Jens, if you are averaging 2 infractions a year I don't think you will be around very much longer maybe a few weeks let alone a few years......:confused:

...have the rules suddenly been printed in welsh?

Uhm, Jens, if you are averaging 2 infractions a year I don't think you will be around very much longer maybe a few weeks let alone a few years......:confused:

I got 1 in 1 months which makes an average of 12/y and I am still here.
All I did was to reply to some off topic post and thus was off topic myself. Two of these (in my eyes minor) mistakes per year should get one kicked? Luckily not!
My infraction expires next month (I just figured out where to check). So even 12/y for harmless stuff seems to be doable not that I want to put it to a test. But thank you for your concern. :)
Now if it would be permanent infractions for insulting mods I can see how 2 per year might get me kicked very soon. Of course I don't plan on insulting anybody ever be it "asshole" or worse :thumbup:

Last edited:
Understood. It does seem that good manners and congeniality go far on BF. I've seen the word "apologize" a couple of times in this thread posted by moderators themselves....hmmmm...are they trying to tell us something?..

I got an infraction not long after joining because I took exception to something another member said. However, my response was not very kind, so I deserved the infraction. It was my fault. I decided that I would follow the rules because I would like to stick around a while.

It's Spark's house. If I come in and pee on the rug, then I deserve to be thrown out.

Pretty simple, don't be a dick read and follow the forum rules and your account may last here longer than you walk the earth...!!! Don't and I suspect you will be toast. some infractions "may" seem a little out of order to you (I know that thd couple of minor ones I got certainly did to "me") but in the end you are in someone else's house so they make and enforce the rules as they see fit. If you don;t like it no one forces you to login.

Understood. It does seem that good manners and congeniality go far on BF. I've seen the word "apologize" a couple of times in this thread posted by moderators themselves....hmmmm...are they trying to tell us something?..
Agreed, BF is the most friendly forum I know. Of course its mostly due to the members but some credit also goes to the mods for keeping us in check :D

Remember you came here and asked to be part of this community, you also agreed to the rules before you joined.

Suck it up if you want to stay here, apologize, read more post less and if ya really don't like it here, lot out no one will chase you down. Now if you decide to stay, you'll find that this is the largest knife community on the internet and where else can you go to talk to some of the top knife makers in the world or the makers and shakers in the production knife world, AG Russell hangs here, Sal Glesser shows up quite often and many others also.

Hopefully you'll msn up and stay or not, if the latter is the case, IBTB.

if i don't get apologized to first then i wont apologize, especially since my end was a misunderstanding and his was a rude attack. i think the only people who need to man up are the ones who telling me too. i get that he's friends with many of you and is highly known on this website and that's why you defend him, but if you were to actually read my end and understand where i'm coming from maybe you'd agree with me. this whole thing has set me off bladeforums and i will most likely not use it again unless its on a different account. i honestly feel that i'm in a concentration camp when on these forums. the rules are to strict and having to pay for a membership especially when its so expensive just to have your account banned is unacceptable. i guess ill be going to a forum where they support the freedom of speech and don't act like children when someone says a "potty" word i thought you had to be over 18 to use a buy a knife?;) seeya!

Keep in mind, there is a difference between infractions (red cards) which come with points and warnings (yellow cards) which are just advisory. Enough yellow cards and we hand out red cards since you're not listening to advice.

You won't get banned for warnings.

if i don't get apologized to first then i wont apologize, especially since my end was a misunderstanding and his was a rude attack. i think the only people who need to man up are the ones who telling me too. i get that he's friends with many of you and is highly known on this website and that's why you defend him, but if you were to actually read my end and understand where i'm coming from maybe you'd agree with me. this whole thing has set me off bladeforums and i will most likely not use it again unless its on a different account. i honestly feel that i'm in a concentration camp when on these forums. the rules are to strict and having to pay for a membership especially when its so expensive just to have your account banned is unacceptable. i guess ill be going to a forum where they support the freedom of speech and don't act like children when someone says a "potty" word i thought you had to be over 18 to use a buy a knife?;) seeya!

See ya! Well, actually, I guess we won't.

And if you're this sensitive, you really should just avoid all internet forums. You'll be much happier.

I don't know you, have never spoken to Bladite and have only ever mentioned thing in passing to the mods. I think that some of them may be a little harsh from time to time - but this is not one of those times.
I don't think anyone here is being harsh to you. They are simply treating you like an adult new member of the forum. Your replies, especially the one alonv the line of "I'm not going to apologize first" are to me a bit disappointing.
Your decision to stay or go is unlikely to bother anyone.
If you try making a second account your attitude is likely to give you away.
You are responsible for what you say and nothing warranted the use of that language toward any member here. If it was me I would have apologized immediately and taken whatever out I was offered.

I got an infraction not long after joining because I took exception to something another member said. However, my response was not very kind, so I deserved the infraction. It was my fault. I decided that I would follow the rules because I would like to stick around a while.

It's Spark's house. If I come in and pee on the rug, then I deserve to be thrown out.

That by definition, is what accountability means.

It's entirely your own choice. I was merely offering you some friendly advice. It matters little to me what your choice is, as the consequences good or bad will have zero impact on me. Another thing, I'm not friends with bladite, I hardly know anything about him. I'm just going by common sense, and if someone write the word "seeya" as a reply to your comment and that is enough to invoke your anger to calling them an asshole, well then that says a lot. The difference between this and a concentration camp is that you can leave anytime you like here. No one is keeping you here against your will. Everywhere you go there will be rules, school, jobs, relationships with friends and family, welcome to the world. Funny thing is that out of literally 1,000s and 1,000s of paid and unpaid members here, the majority of the ones that get banned are the thieves, trolls, and spambots. If you were right, this place would not have lasted close to 2 decades. We don't make a habit out of ejecting people with manners, that contribute to discussions in a meaningful way. This being a privately owned forum, you have no freedom of speed. You have the freedom of choice, you can either choose to follow the rules, or you can choose to be gone. You always have a choice, and when you do nothing it's still a choice. You can always just log out and find somewhere else that is more your style, since this doesn't seem like a good fit to you.

Toodle Pip then if you must go you must go......!!!!! Just how old are you and have you ANY life experience whatsoever ???? I think most people have been trying to steer you in the right direction and remind you that YOU are playing by someone else’s rules and NOT your own. Like my Aussie friend above I have not always agreed with the Mods here and am not really “friends” with any as such (I am sure that at least a couple are however envious of my movie star good looks ;) ) nor do I think ANY of them need or want me defending them. You keep insinuating coming back with a “new account” but really how is that different from just playing this one out for the better – not withstanding that you will probably get pinged for it and banned anyway (it happens a lot).

If you think this forum is “unfair” or “tough” or whatever it is you probably just need to “get over it” and get on with being a member here OR take you bat and ball and go, really the choice is YOURS to make. You decision either way will be skin of no one’s nose at all, but for the love of God make a decision and stop bleating about it.

it would make no sense coming back with a different account since it will still be "you" only with a different account. revdevil and a few other members are real good at sniffing out banned returning members. after getting banned repeatedly they eventually give up trying to sneak back in and find another forum to join. i have been a member here since 2007 and there are a lot of good people on here. take some time off posting and just read the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back