Inkosi

I have an Inkosi on the way, but after reading a bit.... Some say the stop pin is free floating or doesn't tighten and add strength to the frame. Something like that. As if it is different than a Sebenza stop pin. The Inkosi stop pin seems to have a screw like a seb. Can someone clear the difference up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It only has a screw on the lock side. The stop pin free floats on the presentation side of the scales. The Sebenza stop pin is basically a rounded coupling nut that is screwed in from both sides. The Inkosi is more like the Umnumzaan in that the frame is supported only in 2 spots, pivot and rear.

Last edited:
Thanks very much ! Seems like it's right between those two models in terms of construction type. Can't wait to get her.

Well today I just received two NIB CRKs....

Love them both and am keeping them both. But man, the Inkosi is smoooth. And I wear XL gloves and the finger grooves are great. The hype surrounding the pivot is a bunch of BS IMO. 99% of knives are not like the Sebenza pivot and are great. I myself was starting to convince myself I was gonna return it cause of what I read, but it's very similar but at the same time really feels different in the hand then a small Sebenza. I look forward to using these both!

Also , I found it very interesting that both knives were born on the 30th of December two years apart

7145a18e4f0b287a16469574a2f3e8c7.jpg

Just ordered the Inkosi!!! :D
How is the sharpness out of the box? My Small Sebenza Insingo was not that sharp when I got it.

I had mine for less than a day. It's a great knife. Smoother than my seb. Comfortable grip. But opening it was a royal pain in the butt. I passed it along already.

Why is there a small notch on the spine of the blade? Something from production to hold the knife in place?

Last edited:
Just ordered the Inkosi!!! :D
How is the sharpness out of the box? My Small Sebenza Insingo was not that sharp when I got it.

Mine was easily the sharpest OOB CRK I've experienced, but like any production knife it can vary.

Mine was easily the sharpest OOB CRK I've experienced, but like any production knife it can vary.

I have found this to be true in my case. I have recently picked up a nib Inkosi on the exchange. (I blame NBP ;)) This is my first CRK, and I have to say that is awesome! However, the sharpness falls far short of what I was expecting. I am not real great with sharpening, I am much better at dulling... So let me ask you Inkosi owners opinion.

A) I do have a Shapmaker (no diamond stones though). Only the shoulder of the secondary grind hits the stone (40° setting). Should I just go to town on the Sharpmaker? If so, use the 30°, and then the 40° for a micro bevel? I'm not really sure the best method.

B) Send it off to be sharpened by someone who knows what their doing. I have seen at least one person who will make sure it can be touched up on a Sharpmaker when he's done.

I ask this here, because I would like some thoughts from you guys who use your Inkosi hard. This is what I plan to do with mine. Thanks in advance!

Received my Inkosi yesterday. The knife is just perfect but there is a small thing... When I open the knife and the frame lock falls into place there is a little up and down play. When I press the lock a little more into place the knife is rock solid but the lockup is 75-100%. When I compare pictures of the Inkosi I see that all of them have a 75-100% lockup. Do you think this up and down play will go away after braking in the knife ?

Last edited:
Hmm, that does sound a little odd. The up-and-down movement you're referring to is in the blade, yes? I do not believe that any knife should have that kind of play, unless it has been used hard for a long period of time. Maybe it's needing a trip to the CRK spa?

On the back of the blade, where the lock ball engages, it will eventually create a polished path. This can show you the percentage of lock up your knife has. It can be easier to determine the percentage looking at this, rather then guessing how far the lock bar has moved over once the knife is open.

I dont know if it is a mistake but on the chrisreeve (under Inkosi) website I see information about the Large Inkosi :D
Weight, size and more!
Btw, the lockup and up and down blade play is fixed. Took it apart, lubed everything and put new locktite on the screws.

I dont know if it is a mistake but on the chrisreeve (under Inkosi) website I see information about the Large Inkosi :D
Weight, size and more!
Btw, the lockup and up and down blade play is fixed. Took it apart, lubed everything and put new locktite on the screws.

You made me look... The site only has information about the current model Inkosi right now. I expect something will be introduced at the Blade show next month. Just looking forward to what it may be.

Weight, size and more!

What was the overall length and blade length listed at for the large Inkosi?

Back