Inkosi

I have a question for all you Inkosi owners: I have a small 21 that I accidentally dropped one time. When it hit the ground the blade came open (granted it was a hard fall onto concrete) and so the spine of the blade got a little nicked, which isn't really a bad thing. I am wondering whether the larger detent ball on the Inkosi is better at keeping the blade in the handle when the knife takes a tumble.

I just picked up a large inkosi. So far I am impressed, I have owned most of the CRK models and think this is my favorite. I really enjoy the ergonomics on this one. Also I think the ceramic ball as an interface for the lock bar to the blade tang is ingenious! The new phosphor-bronze washers are also a very smart design.

It is THE CRK to own.

Got my small today. Perfect for me but that stupid pointy part on the handle. Love the blade size, the ceramic ball, the size, the large washers.

Now what. small Sebenza or wait for a redesign in 25 years.

So I have had my large Inkosi for 2 months now. I have carried it daily at work and off and on while at home. I really can't say exactly what it is about this knife but I really like it. Not to say that I don't appreciate the other CRK's I own. They have just seen a lot less pocket time lately. The ergonomics of the handles really work for me, and the blade has really held a good edge. I keep telling myself "Lets carry the 25 or large classic or the large regular today." Somehow the Inkosi just seems to end up sneaking back into my pocket.

I have had the large Inkosi out camping and used it for food prep, fire starting to make feather sticks and wood shavings and just whittling a stick away while sitting around the fire. At work and home it cuts apples and other fruits, opens packages, cuts up cardboard and gets dirty and oily from the work environment. It has always cleaned up without a problem and has always been as smooth as the day I got it.

I took it apart the other day for the first time because it was getting pretty dirty. There was a lot of gunk in the cut outs of the washers. A surprising amount actually. Regardless the knife never was gritty or sticky. I was impressed. It went back together with easy. The pivot adjusted to the perfect tightness with a little tweaking. All in all an impressive experience.

I honestly do not have any complaints with the knife. If something pops up I will be sure to update this. Honestly though I am not expecting to have any issues with it.

So I have had my large Inkosi for 2 months now. I have carried it daily at work and off and on while at home. I really can't say exactly what it is about this knife but I really like it. Not to say that I don't appreciate the other CRK's I own. They have just seen a lot less pocket time lately. The ergonomics of the handles really work for me, and the blade has really held a good edge. I keep telling myself "Lets carry the 25 or large classic or the large regular today." Somehow the Inkosi just seems to end up sneaking back into my pocket.

I have had the large Inkosi out camping and used it for food prep, fire starting to make feather sticks and wood shavings and just whittling a stick away while sitting around the fire. At work and home it cuts apples and other fruits, opens packages, cuts up cardboard and gets dirty and oily from the work environment. It has always cleaned up without a problem and has always been as smooth as the day I got it.

I took it apart the other day for the first time because it was getting pretty dirty. There was a lot of gunk in the cut outs of the washers. A surprising amount actually. Regardless the knife never was gritty or sticky. I was impressed. It went back together with easy. The pivot adjusted to the perfect tightness with a little tweaking. All in all an impressive experience.

I honestly do not have any complaints with the knife. If something pops up I will be sure to update this. Honestly though I am not expecting to have any issues with it.

This. I had come to the conclusion after owning a 21 that there was no perfect knife but the 21 was probably as close as possible. Somehow though the Inkosi is perfect to me (so far).

Back