1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Introducing The Forsaken Steel Heart With Nano Fusion Handle.... Coming Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Chris A

Chris A Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 5, 2012
  2. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Just finished the black sheath. The width of the blade made for some tricky adjusting around the choil,blade is wide enough that it wanted to pinch in that area when inserting. Finally got it sliding in nicely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Azula Gun Holsters

Azula Gun Holsters KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 19, 2016
    Great knife, feels wonderful and well balanced. I like it a lot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

duramax, dogboye, Hard Knocks and 2 others like this.
  4. Blueoak

Blueoak

May 12, 2015
    What a blade. I love the smooth handles.

[​IMG]

Leonardo63, azwelke, lex2006 and 4 others like this.
  5. Daniel Halcomb

Daniel Halcomb Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Shipping notice, my black/black micarta non-nuke will be here thursday! Really excited to compare it to my all-time favorite, the 2nd gen Steel Heart Ergo in the same configuration. It'll be hard to beat how much I love that knife; it's been through a lot with me, but I'll give the new girl a chance:D

6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Mine is flying now... :D

7. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Wow....just got these puppies in hand...all can say is this is a great blade, and my size 9/Medium hands love these NF handles. I am in the habit of hand smoothing "mags" for my users, and the non-mag fusion handle works well for me as well. The Mag Fusion feels a little big although not uncomfortable, and if hand-smoothed I love that handle too. Or if the mags are on thinner stock aka .25" like the CGFBM...

That said, I love these NF handles just the way they are...

Here are some pics - I was pleasantly surprised because I forgot exactly which combos I ordered and the bronze and maroon was an experiment. It turned out great!

Here are some bad pics with flash due to lighting in the house...

https://imgur.com/a/SEoGJcp

These are really nice knives in both configurations. The non-nuke is light in hand and for sure a venerable chopper in its size and weight class...the nukes feel very all purpose and are, of course lighter. Not that they are not substantial blades in their own right...

8. LadyEarth

LadyEarth

Nov 24, 2012
    The inside light is making your bronze coating look like black coat. Could you get one from outside and brighter lights?

9. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Does anyone know if these will fit in a large Spec Ops Brand sheath ?

luethge likes this.
  10. EagleTalon

EagleTalon Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2017
    Fits decent in a NMSFNO sheath

11. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
    The Nano forsaken steel heart will not fit a stock spec ops sheath.

You can re-mold the liner with hot water or a heat gun. I would not attempt to use the new style spec ops sheath though. The newer spec ops has Velcro attached to the liner , can be a irritating, & the shape of the liner itself does not re mold very well.

The old stock spec ops with the screw can be molded with a little effort and some patience. I’ve had decent luck fitting the old stock spec ops sheath’s to blades that would not originally fit.

Plenty of old threads here on BF about molding a spec ops liner.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  12. back_inthe_saddle

back_inthe_saddle

Jul 5, 2018
    The ad on amazon says the large sheaths will fit 8” blades

13. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003

I know that. It’s the width from edge to spine I’m worried about. But the poster above says it won’t work without some modification.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  14. Ron In PA

Ron In PA

Dec 25, 2014
    Just got my nuked comp finish with black textured G10 nano handles. I have to say this may be my favorite knife to date. The weight feel and balance are all spot on.

Ron

MacLaren1 and PeteyTwoPointOne like this.
  15. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Pics please. If you have time.

16. Ron In PA

Ron In PA

Dec 25, 2014
    Sorry I am not sure how to post pics. It is identical to the one Chris A posted (#481).

MacLaren1 likes this.
  17. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    I think that's the hottest one of them all! That sanded handle looks awesome!

18. Twiztids4

Twiztids4 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2014
    I just got mine in today and they are sweet. I wish they had the regular fusion handle though. These are a little petite for my mitts :(. This version of the handle will definitely carry much easier though.

luethge likes this.
  19. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
    6F8A3373-36F2-4DC2-AFF0-7B58E45257B8.jpeg

The Pizza didn’t stand a chance.

Not sure how I feel about the Nano handle, it’s slim. The blade is fairly large for the handle size, it works though. I’m certain I would really regret selling this one.. might have to beat on it a little and make sure.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  20. knifeleather

knifeleather Sheathmaker Extraordinaire

Jul 14, 2012
    Just unwrapped mine...nuke and CF maroon. I personally like the handle a lot! Just need to decide which to keep (I'll most likely keep the Nuke).
    To answer a couple questions I saw that I'm not sure if were answered or not.

The Nuke is 17.7oz, the Non Nuke is 16.9oz. For those that are mathematically challenged, the Nuke is only 0.8oz lighter. I was expecting a bit more of a difference (I don't know why). To put in perspective, that's the weight of 4 quarters.

No, they are the same.

upload_2019-2-20_12-13-55.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019