1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 24 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Benchmade 535 Bugout, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Introducing The Forsaken Steel Heart With Nano Fusion Handle.... Coming Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    The Forsaken Steel Heart.
    114 Years ago, (actually 26 years ago, it just feels longer ago than that) when we introduced the original Steel Heart, we had to decide between a very shallow drop point design and a pointier shallow straight clipped design. The steel being used on the Original Steel Heart was ATS-34 (Pre-INFI) and the nod went to the shallow drop point with a much wider tip to make up for the ATS-34 steel's lack of lateral strength. INFI was a major game-changer when we developed it more than 20 years ago and lateral strength was no longer an issue. INFI allows us to offer the other original clipped point blade design with the much pointier tip!

We have now fused the straight clipped blade of "the Steel Heart that got away" (Forsaken) with the all new Nano Fusion handle! Couple this with the CBT (Corrugated Bevel Technology) and you are witnessing the birth of a new, soon to be legendary Busse Combat blade!!!

What is the Nano Fusion Handle?
    Simply put, we took one of our most iconic large handles and saved the best parts (Overall shape, texturing, and length of grip range) and then modified the other parts to make it fit smaller blade profiles!!!!! :cool: :cool:

Of course, by "smaller blade profiles" you must remember that you are still in the land of Busse Combat, and that is the land of giants. . . So, "smaller blade profiles" are still coming in at the 6 - 8" range!!! :eek::eek::eek::cool::D
    I handed the prototype handle around to the guys and girls in the shop and you could hear the tears of joy splashing against the tons of INFI shavings on the floor!!!. . . Yes, it is that nice!!!!

Nuclear Option Forsaken Steel Heart

The nuclear option Forsaken Steel Heart features a deep blade fuller along with a lightened handle which makes for a lighter and faster blade.
    Both are offered in a coated and competition finish. The competition finish have light machining marks. The Nuclear Option also sports the Busse Custom Shop logo.

Pics are of prototypes and production models may vary slightly. We have added a hand-shaped handle option below.

Let's Drink!!!

Jerry :D

Forsaken Steel Heart Specs:
    Over All Length: Approx. 13 3/4"
    Blade Length: Approx. 8"
    Thickness: Approx. .210"
    Steel: INFI
    Finish: Competition Finish or coated
    Bevel: Corrugated Bevel Tech (CBT)
    Hardness: 58-60 Rc

Pricing:
    Forsaken Steel Heart Base Price (Coated): $387.00
    Competition Finish: + $40.00

Nuclear Option:
    Forsaken Steel Heart Base Price (Coated): + $110.00 = $497.00
    Competition Finish: + $40.00

Blade Coating Options:
    Black
    Muddy Brown
    Hammered Silver
    Desert Sage
    Forest Green
    Midnight Blue
    Desert Bronze
    Shadow Camo + $35.00

Handle Options:
    Hand-Shaped, Smooth Handles:
    $65.00
    Machined: No Charge
    Black Canvas (Included)
    Tan Canvas (Included)
    Green Canvas (Included)
    Maroon Canvas (Included)
    Black G-10 +$45.00
    Tan/Black G-10 +$70.00
    Red/Black G-10 +$70.00
    Blue/Black G-10 +$70.00
    Green/Black G-10 +$70.00
    Orange/Black G-10 +$70.00

Forsaken Steel Heart With Nuclear Option and Competition Finish (Shown Below)
    [​IMG]

Forsaken Steel Heart With Urban Shadow Camo (Shown Below)

[​IMG]

Standard Fusion Handle With Tan Micarta Vs. Nano Fusion Handle With Black G10 (Shown Below)
    [​IMG]

azwelke, d762nato, Buddyleet and 13 others like this.
  2. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Awesome

3. TheGrownUpKid

TheGrownUpKid Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Wow!

4. Daniel Halcomb

Daniel Halcomb Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Yess! Perfect.

5. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    No Guard on the top equals Win Win:thumbsup: I will take 2 Please;)
    Are the handles milled out, same as the TGLB on the Nuclear Option Forsaken Steel Heart Model?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    mb>, gusbuster, stjones and 3 others like this.
  6. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Dang those look good!

gusbuster and TommyGun56 like this.
  7. ikkyo

ikkyo

Mar 19, 2007
    love. perfection. need.

8. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I know these are protos but I hope the non nuke has the same choil as the nuke version. Think I will go for the Non nuke on this one. Just got to decide on G10 color. Thinking black G10 on this if it is as black as it looks in that pic.

9. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Yeah,non nuke,comp finish with black G10 = pure class!

10. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    OMG !!!!!!!!

Decisions Decisions !!!! 2,4,,6,..... Lol
    Definitely need two :)

gusbuster likes this.
  11. mpjustin

mpjustin Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Nice!!!

12. Jagamov

Jagamov Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Very cool...love the Nuke! I’m in.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  13. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Platinum Member

Jul 28, 2014
    I have the feeling that this will feel great in hand. I thought the DS8 couldn’t be beat in the 8” blade category, but I’ll have to get one of these and test that theory out.

This is the first time that I’m not sure the nuke version is worth the added cost. I’ll have to give this some thought.

gusbuster likes this.
  14. argyle1812

argyle1812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Any chance of a Battle Grade version?

15. Blueoak

Blueoak

May 12, 2015
    Winner!

16. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    :eek: VERY NICE!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

17. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Hand shaped scales would be perfect on this one, then would perfectly match the forsaken battle mistress and Id have no choice.

mpjustin likes this.
  18. lozdesign7

lozdesign7 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Crikey!
    Very Awesome.

Lawrie

19. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    I see a coated version in my future!:D:thumbsup:

20. mpjustin