Introducing the Rinaldi Armageddon from Tops Knives!

Since Blade Mike Fuller and I have been working on this collaboration.. I just got one of the first prototypes yesterday.. The final version will have thumb serrations, and maybe a couple other slight changes, but here is what it will look like..
http://www.thrblades.com/tops2.jpg
I cant think of a better guy to work with on my first collaboration than Mike Fuller and Tops knives! IF someone wants to post the pic go for it, I can just add a link..

tops2.jpg

Awesome, Trace:eek:
How much, and when?

I make a point of having one BIG blade handy....and I like it to be a user- not something I may be hesitant to trash...looks like this will be my user for years...what steel Trace????

you know what that looks like....... a threat to my credit card limit. I love it !!! ok a pint of plasma goes for 34bux so i'll need..........

That's a beautiful blade and I guess most of us would want one. The problem is TOPS knives are not exactly cheap and my guess is the price will be close to what Busse wants for their combat grade knives. I wish you had chosen to collaborate with Camillus or Ontario who would have been able to offer this piece at some fraction of what TOPS will likely charge. Case in point - the BK9 for around $50.00, the RTAK around $75.00. The Armegeddon from TOPS - likely $250. :(

Average, guy you make a very good point. The Arm costs around $330 depending on the materials used. I don't know about some people, but if I am going to spend in the $250 range for a blade. I would rather save the extra cash for the original. Unless we are talking a big difference in $.

To get off any negativity, let's wait and find out the price and steel. Sorry Trace.

Hey Cuttup(hope ya still remember me. ;) ) That is a BEAUTIFUL knife. And Big, I really like it man. As usual, work looks great.

Sorry about that guys..

The specs are .. 10.5" .25" thick blade, just under 16.5" overall.. Weighs a scant 22 oz. and 29 oz. in the sheath.. Steel is differentially hardened 1095..

The price will be about what the Anaconda costs, I believe its going to be around $270-290..

A standard Armageddon from me is $450, and could take a up to a year to get.. The price hasnt been changed on my website, but thats the price..

Glad you guys like the new blade, and I think when you see one you will be VERY impressed with the fit and finish.. Tops doesnt use powder coating to cover up crappy grinding at ALL! The handle fit is air tight, and the coating even goes ALL the way around the profile.. What a NOVEL Idea..HA!!
These should be available very soon.

Also thanks Owen for posting the pic.. hope all is well with you bud.. Love that Avatar!!;)

Congrats, Trace, that looks great!

Tops has gotten great reviews. I've avoided them, because I've felt most of their designs are so over-the-top that they look cheesey. The Armageddon will be a great pure-functionality addition to their lineup.

Thanks Joe!! Glad you like it.. You had a serious influence on me early on, so it stands to reason you would appreciate the knife...;)

ETP yes I remember you buddy, good to hear from ya! Hope all is well!..

Hey Trace, yeah, things are going well. Actually starting to get into knife making a litlte, though I don't know if I'll ever sel any, plans right now are jsut for making them for myself and one or two lined up as gifts.

But on this topic, glad you teamed up with Tops on this one. Have wanted one of these since you brought them out WAY back when, but never been able to scratch together enough money. Hopefully now I can.

Hope things are going well with you. Drop me a line at my email address here sometime.

Back