1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Introducing The Trough Raider!! . . . Coming Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, May 17, 2019.

1. back_inthe_saddle

back_inthe_saddle

Jul 5, 2018
    But what do I know?! I’m just a slovenly piglet:p

2. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    LOL! I forgot I had bought a scale- OK, weight? ... 27.3 ~ I had a feeling it was lighter than it looks - It's hard to keep in mind it's only listed at 9.5" blade makng it an inch longer than the Forsaken Gemini yet gives the feeling there's enough Infi to make 2 of them.

3. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Thank you! Wow, that is heavier than I expected! Btw, love the story about your avatar. :)

4. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    My Foresaken Battle Mistress is 28.6oz

WatermanChris and Apocryphiliac like this.
  5. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Yeah, I mean, it's not like it's way over what I thought, but for some reason I was expecting all that milling to get it to around 24 oz. or so. My excitement isn't really dampened, though.

WatermanChris and MacLaren1 like this.
  6. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    True - but that FM has a tapeworm compared to this slab of hog back HAHA! ~ Yeah man, handling both of those makes the FM feel lite and flippy in the hand HAHA!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  7. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    The HOG Gemini I had, was 27.5
    So, thinking about it that way, that should sound exactly right for the Trough Raider. Imo, anyways.
    I reckon, when ya get over the .300" mark, it really makes a difference! :D
    Congratz man, that Raider is a beast!:cool::thumbsup:

8. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    Thanks man, appreciate it. I've forgotten where I found the story and photos of this goat, but it was funny reading about him - he really was a crazy billy alcoholic who would raid the guys warm beer stash. He wasn't afraid of incoming rounds and actually pumped the guys up.

9. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    Remember, we're talking .315 slab of "Beastmode" Bacon - She fits in the "body positive" category :D ~ Don't be fat shaming the bacon :p

10. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    My FM with micarta is 25oz even. Two raiders are headed my way. One coated and one comp.

Time to see if coating actually makes a slight difference in weight on these bigger models.

11. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    Wow. 25oz.
    Both mine and the one Azula had, both with Micarta like yours was 28.6oz
    That's a pretty good difference for the same 3 blades.
    But......I'll bet yours was a Nuked model?
    That's where the weight difference is I'll bet.
    Almost forgot about the Nuked model.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  12. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Yup, I actually forgot there were different models as well.

MacLaren1 likes this.
  13. Twiztids4

Twiztids4 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Anybody else get one of these yet?

14. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    I got mine last week but have been busy getting ready for Blade Show and haven't had much time for posting. Have had a couple of customers also mention they have theirs as well.

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  15. Twiztids4

Twiztids4 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Awesome. What would you compare this to and/or replacing? Do you see yourself using it? For practicality I’m wishing it was thinner but the lines on this thing are dead sexy.

back_inthe_saddle likes this.
  16. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    I have over 200 Busse/Kin now so I'm a horrible person to ask that question.. haha.

I am planning to take mine out into the woods for a chopping session after Blade, and obviously it'd be a great BOB or EOTWAWKI big knife for defense if that's what you're looking for. Sometimes a knife is just awesome to own and that's good enough for me :cool:

I don't think it'd surprise anyone if Jerry released a leaner "Trough Raider's Wife" edition.. it sure is curvy enough :D

17. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I got my UPS shipping notice!!
    TR here she comes

18. Briandt3

Briandt3 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Shipping ding and a pre-order in place with David Brown (buybrown) for a exposed spine kydex sheath w/dangler in olive drap :thumbsup::)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    WatermanChris likes this.
  19. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    What the Hell?????????? Where's these Trough Raiders? Show us them curvy beauties! .... no, no selfies- you aint that curvy sexy ... the STEEL! :D

20. honorearth

honorearth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Mine is supposed to be here the 11th and I will definitely be posting pics and most likely a few throwing videos.