1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Introducing The Trough Raider!! . . . Coming Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, May 17, 2019.

1. Azula Gun Holsters

Azula Gun Holsters KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 19, 2016
    hugofeynman likes this.
  2. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Awesome pants for an awesome knife!

WatermanChris likes this.
  3. DanR217

DanR217 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Whoa nice pants!

Still anxiously waiting on my shipping notice :eek::eek::eek:

4. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    They need a special Garth edition of this blade.
    'Cause who could resist a "Garth Raider"?

WatermanChris and boring like this.
  5. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    it would have to be a Hemi ~

6. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Very impressive and deceptive, I mean, you can kind of see whats inside but at first glance, all you see is the skinniest part sticking out without any clue of the beast within :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    After receiving mine today, I can say that I'm gonna have to start pumping iron and taking steroids.

Beast, indeed.

WatermanChris and Leonardo63 like this.
  8. DamascusBowie

Sep 20, 2016
    The choil grip on this knife is just amazing, I have no words:

[​IMG]

And the birdshead guard is asymetrical, the edge side is longer, which makes perfect sense:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres with regular grip:

[​IMG]

Final verdict, this thing is ridonculously awesome.

9. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    FullSizeRender.jpeg FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

For people wondering, Coating does have a tiny bit of weight to it on bigger knives. (though negligible)

Comp: 26.2oz

Coated: 27.1oz
    But you honestly cant tell in hand.
    Coated one is much brighter in the sunlight, very beautiful coating.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im enjoying the balance point (right at the start of the edge). Nice to flip. Doubt I could juggle them though.

10. ambulance830

ambulance830 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Man all these pics are great! Really wish i didn't have to cancel my order on this one! Great looking knife! Looks better in hand!

11. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    That forest green is an absolute stunner of a coating. I've got a couple in it and yeah, you captured it really well in those pics, good job catching all it's character! As far as coatings go, it's one of my favorites if you just have to pick a coating.

12. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    Got a funny one for yall` I took the Raider to work and about the end of the day I took it over to the shop and everyone got their hands on it. Everyone was like "oh my hands are dirty" I said grab it! It's not a wedding dress! so everyone was blown away by the bacon and everyone just got a kick out of it and couldn't get over how thick and beefy it was. I was talking to a couple guys next to this bench they work on greasy gearboxes and stuff, it's 2" thick oak boards bolted to 6X6 posts for working on big heavy stuff. One guy goes "doesn't seem real sharp" so I took a big swing and buried it into this oak half the thickness of the blade on the end of the board - 1 guy goes "whoa! oh you stuck it between the boards didn't you? no way it went in that far" I said no, and peeled it out and swung again, they :poop: their pants when they saw it sink into that oak and couldn't believe their eyes - I was slightly impressed myself but didn't let it show- They couldn't believe I would actually do that but I told them "It's just a knife guys, it's meant to be beaten on in fact we frown on hiding them under glass" I said "Hmmm seems pretty sharp to me" grinned and walked away :D

13. back_inthe_saddle

back_inthe_saddle

Jul 5, 2018
    Timing is everything. Just got my big dc maroon today...my birthday :D I’ve never treated myself to such a great gift.:rolleyes: Thank me. You’re welcome. Thanks Amy and all of the Busse crew. Thank you, thank you very much :cool:
    Btw this is my first double cut and i like it as muche as comp... maybe better:eek::eek::eek:

14. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Happy Birthday and Congrats on a great blade.
    Garth

back_inthe_saddle likes this.
  15. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Thanks for posting the pics and pointing out the subtle touches that set Busse a grade above most cutlers. :thumbsup:

There's much debate about what a "true" Bowie is. But for my money, gimmie the asymmetrical, bottom-heavy guard every time! :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. DamascusBowie

Sep 20, 2016
    Well, hot diggity dang, thank you for pointing out that connection Petey. That guard blew me away and I agree on all points. Busse designs are like having Jerry in your corner in a knife fight :D:D:cool::cool::cool::eek::eek::eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

17. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Too Funny. Just be careful. If you do to many demonstrations you will have to explain to the Boss why he needs a new work table.

Garth

WatermanChris and Leonardo63 like this.
  18. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
  19. back_inthe_saddle

back_inthe_saddle

Jul 5, 2018
    Thanks you sir, for supplying the killer cool subject matter.
    Cheers!
    John