Ironwood And Buckeye Burlwood

Would like to see some real pictures of some customs if anyone has any with these woods . Thanks

019912AF-8B13-41EE-AF3C-EBC9587795CA.jpeg 2ABD7D9E-1A49-4C77-9E1D-87E1AFE5CD0D.jpeg

I think JB has a good lookin fg buckeye he posts now and then.
Whatever it is he has is one good looking knife.

Recent custom shop ironwood.

nH4SI1p.jpg

I have that same ironwood 112 but with rivets. I don't know how to post pictures and I'm not about to learn right now but I can send one to your e-mail or phone later if you want. The scales are fantastic and overall the knife is great....the grinds suck which is surprising from the custom shop, but other than that it's beautiful.

I think JB has a good lookin fg buckeye he posts now and then.
Whatever it is he has is one good looking knife.
yes Sir. got 2 110s and a 112 and a 916. buck does a great job picking the burl and matching best they can etc. never seen a bad one yet.....

dont have ironwood......yet:)

How about a little family photo of those beauties JB?

How about a little family photo of those beauties JB?
most are here in different posts. ill dig them up or tonight Ill take a group pic......

found 3 of the 4......last one was hosted on a pic website and it's been dumped by that website....so gonna have to dig it out for a group pic tonight.....

15127854925691803784753.jpg

20190811_192447.jpg

Last edited:
I have but one ironwood 110 and I really can't Tell mine from ebony. Lately it's become too much of a craps shoot ordering a cs knife or its like the old Sunkist commercial...You never know what you'll get inside. My last 4 were disappointing in color or Burl or QC. That's why I started rolling my own. I'm pretty dang hard on myself in what I produce too but at least I'm paying regular knife prices to be less than elated.

Not putting down Buck and I still use their knives. Jest sayin'...

Pete

I have but one ironwood 110 and I really can't Tell mine from ebony. Lately it's become too much of a craps shoot ordering a cs knife or its like the old Sunkist commercial...You never know what you'll get inside. My last 4 were disappointing in color or Burl or QC. That's why I started rolling my own. I'm pretty dang hard on myself in what I produce too but at least I'm paying regular knife prices to be less than elated.

Not putting down Buck and I still use their knives. Jest sayin'...

Pete

Yeah, I don't buy lottery tickets either.

It takes a great possibility to make me take a gamble any more.-

At least if I buy an old one off e-Bay I can see what I'm getting.

Those are absolutely beautiful JB. I think it's awesome how you'll never get the same pattern but they always come out cool. Does the handle on that 916 feel skinny to you or is it the pic?
thank you Sir. yep I like the surprise of opening the box.

yep you're correct......it's not the pic. it is short and thin. standard 916s are that way.

Last edited:
Back