Ironwood And Buckeye Burlwood

Oh ok got ya. I guess it's not really a knife you take into the woods. It's more of a display piece
yep. you got it. ya could use it but it's awkward.....

now my first pic of the two of them in the other post above the family pic. that one has a handful sized grip it's also a 916, so sometimes theyll make ones with a full size grip. shame they arent all with a full size grip or ya cant get one on the custom shop as an option.

Buck 501 buckeye burl 29th aniv 20190923_174138 (2).jpg I dont have any of the ironwood, tiguy has a beautiful one with figure,most i have seen arent figured. I do like the brown color very well. But it it is one that i would want to hand pick because i dont care for straight grained wood.
The buckeye burlwood should always be nice but there does seem to be some variation in color. I have 3 or 4 and ea has nice figure and colors vary. Only have descent pic of one at the moment.

Last edited:
You back Brhowser87 ?
I was never 2 far. Lol. There was a person that was really rubbing me the wrong way and it was really getting to me. I don't like feeling that way about stuff on the internet but somebody showed me the ignore button. I played in the now defunct PIF thread (what a mess:confused::rolleyes:) for awhile but I was most lurking lol. I did miss talk to you guys.

yep. you got it. ya could use it but it's awkward.....

now my first pic of the two of them in the other post above the family pic. that one has a handful sized grip it's also a 916, so sometimes theyll make ones with a full size grip. shame they arent all with a full size grip or ya cant get one on the custom shop as an option.

If seen some with full size I thought but most of those I think we're custom jobs by Joe and Leroy. Still wouldn't use those but they looked more comfortable.

I was never 2 far. Lol. There was a person that was really rubbing me the wrong way and it was really getting to me. I don't like feeling that way about stuff on the internet but somebody showed me the ignore button. I played in the now defunct PIF thread (what a mess:confused::rolleyes:) for awhile but I was most lurking lol. I did miss talk to you guys.

If seen some with full size I thought but most of those I think we're custom jobs by Joe and Leroy. Still wouldn't use those but they looked more comfortable.

glad you're back.....

yep and yep.

Can you draw a picture of it?
If it's the one i'm thinking of, with the brown cracked handle and the broken tip........

It's value is priceless, but only on a deserted island in the pacific.
Good luck.

Ironwood will stand up to harder use than the Burl will.

I have seen a lot of variation in both woods from Buck. Some are simply stellar with good color and highly figured. Others are just blah! Luck of the draw, I suppose?

Back