Irrationally over concerned question concerning new Inkosi

I felt really reluctant to even make this thread because it’s such a small issue.

I recently purchased a left handed large inkosi directly from wilson combat. It is from 2018, so the action was a little gummy and slow so I went ahead and took the knife apart and cleaned it up. Upon doing so, I noticed something odd. The stop pin had 2 wear marks from the back of the blade tang when opening. Like it was in one spot for a while, then someone took the knife apart and moved it. I can’t come up with a reason why a new knife would have these two wear marks instead of one.

One theory I have is that someone else bought it, took it apart, decided they didn’t want it, then returned it. That would be very unethical and not honest if you ask me.

Anyway, I realize this is extremely anal and insignificant but I am wondering what you all think of this. Could this have happened before leaving the factory?

Last edited:
Sorry, I should have clarified. There are two marks from the knife opening not including the mark from the knife closing, so 3 marks total.

Are the marks well defined like the blade has hit on it with many openings or light like it’s been opened a few times ?
The grease being gummie indicates it been sitting on the shelf for a while. It’s not like the lefty’s fly off the shelf when they are in stock, which is a good thing for left handed folks. We have time to shop and decide before pulling the trigger.

I'd say it's irrational like in your title. That's a 3 yr old knife and a lot of people could have handled it in that time. Order from the factory and wait if you expect completely untouched.

I felt really reluctant to even make this thread because it’s such a small issue.

I recently purchased a left handed large inkosi directly from wilson combat. It is from 2018, so the action was a little gummy and slow so I went ahead and took the knife apart and cleaned it up. Upon doing so, I noticed something odd. The stop pin had 2 wear marks from the back of the blade tang when opening. Like it was in one spot for a while, then someone took the knife apart and moved it. I can’t come up with a reason why a new knife would have these two wear marks instead of one.

One theory I have is that someone else bought it, took it apart, decided they didn’t want it, then returned it. That would be very unethical and not honest if you ask me.

Anyway, I realize this is extremely anal and insignificant but I am wondering what you all think of this. Could this have happened before leaving the factory?
IMO you are justified in your concern
Here is a video ( profanity) about CRK problems
I owned one with soft spots in the blade and warranty was very indignant

Last edited:
I’m not too worried about it and I’ll hold onto it for now. Just a little disappointing when you expect a factory fresh knife.

Is there any way you can take a pic, I’ve looked on mine and can’t see any wear marks. Now I’m curious to see what you’re seeing.

Is there any way you can take a pic, I’ve looked on mine and can’t see any wear marks. Now I’m curious to see what you’re seeing.
Same.

I can't imagine even noticing this, much less thinking to create a thread about it. Would love to see a pic of what has caused this disappointment.

Does it work properly? I even asked the seller to open my incoming Sebenza 31 damascus box and check that it does not have any vertical or side to side blade play. I would rather have one that has been opened and closed a few times than a faulty one since it will be a user knife anyway.

Same.

I can't imagine even noticing this, much less thinking to create a thread about it. Would love to see a pic of what has caused this disappointment.
Same here. None of my Inkosi’s have wear marks on the stop pin, that I can tell anyhow
Could the factory have rotated the stop pin during inspection or assembly for any reason? Checking blade lockup?
That was a thought of mine as well. I just don’t see any marks on any of mine tho. I haven’t fully disassembled to look tho, just took a q-tip to the dirty ones

Have you thought about calling CRK and asking for a new stop pin if it bothers you? They sent me one for a 31.

The support team @ CRK are good people.

I do not know why people come on the forums and monger about issues rather than bringing them up with the manufacturer to allow them to rectify the situation.

Regards.

The support team @ CRK are good people.

I do not know why people come on the forums and monger about issues rather than bringing them up with the manufacturer to allow them to rectify the situation.

Regards.
Keeping an eye on this forum the past few months, I have been under the impression that this forum is mainly for complaining .;)

My main objective for this thread was not to complain, but to get input on whether or not CRK would have rotated the stop pin for any reason before the knife leaves the factory. So far the answer seems to be “no”. I’m over this issue now.

I guess I’m just a little anal when it comes to paying full retail on a $550 knife that is supposed to be new, but shows signs that it could be used.

Could the factory have rotated the stop pin during inspection or assembly for any reason? Checking blade lockup?

I bet this is what happened, but it's just a guess. What I look for is the action and factory condition of packaging and paperwork upon arrival of a new from dealer knife. I can open a box and feel the action to tell if it's been fiddled with too much. I'm generally looking for something that feels fairly gummy and slow with pristine packaging. Usually if someone has taken it apart you can tell from the action, amount and type of lube, packaging.

Back