Irrationally over concerned question concerning new Inkosi

Keeping an eye on this forum the past few months, I have been under the impression that this forum is mainly for complaining .;)

My main objective for this thread was not to complain, but to get input on whether or not CRK would have rotated the stop pin for any reason before the knife leaves the factory. So far the answer seems to be “no”. I’m over this issue now.

I guess I’m just a little anal when it comes to paying full retail on a $550 knife that is supposed to be new, but shows signs that it could be used.

By your standards, which seem to be quite tough satisfy, I think that knife is actually used. The factory opened and closed it. They might have even FLICKED it open to see how the lock up responded. Maybe they adjusted the stop pin after doing so. Definitely used by the factory.

Keeping an eye on this forum the past few months, I have been under the impression that this forum is mainly for complaining .;)

There's no doubt about this. We have threads that say CRK is not doing a good job of checking things and then we have a thread like this where a mark on a stop pin, likely from testing, is a concern.

No wonder the company stopped participating on this page long ago.

Last edited:
Maybe it was in one spot at first, but just quickly rotated rotated to a sweet spot.

Back