• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Is Knifeworks a reputable dealer?

Why don't you ask your card issuer for advice? Surely it is in their best interests to protect you and them from a fraudulent transaction...
I have, the card issuer warned me for the possibility of fraud in such process. They strongly advice me to not giving that 6 digits code to anyone.

Also I wonder where Boombats is located? Is your order also an international order? Because if you are US based, then more questions may arise..

still dont think its weird being international order and they explained to you why when you asked. ya left out those important parts.....being international and new website.
Not really. I have mentioned that this is not my first order from them. They didn't even asked that 6 digits code in my first order. Obviously, if they worry about high risk international purchase, such process should be happened in the first purchase right?

Problem is, this is not my first purchase from them. Its my 3rd. In those previous orders they did not ask for that 6 digits code.
In their email, they stated that they have lost their previous order history when the new website is launched. I did send the proof of my previous purchase, and they still asked for that 6 digits authorization code.

And slyraven, they did explain what the code is in that email (you may see it in the screenshot). From this explanation, is it the same as OTP which usually entered by the credit card holder to authorize a transaction?
This is suppose to be entered by the credit card holder, not by the seller. There have been many cases where this OTP is used in credit card fraud.
An opt code is sent to your email or mobile phone and it's a one time password. It can't be used any more than one purchase. This is for you to enter.

An authorization code is for the seller to entered in their pos system and has to be given by the bank to you directly by calling their number..this ensures to the store that you are who you say you are. It is also needed for the store to give to the bank to prove the transaction was approved. Every transaction has a transaction code...sometimes the bank will ask for it automatically from the store..other times the store needs to keep a copy of it in case the bank asks for it later.

Now, this can be manipulated for fraud in some cases..but in those cases..check the validity of the email sender. You can either ask your bank or even call knifeworks.

Last edited:
Back