Is the forum slow for anyone else on desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
38mki9.jpg

😆

In all seriousness, the site is so popular they may be reaching capacity.

BladeForums upgraded servers, etc. in April 2021!

Having dealt with back end systems I can say that there are times when an upgrade is not the issue. If this is shared hosting, or virtual servers, something else could be bogging down the environment and BladeForums is a victim. New doesn't always equal faster, unfortunately. The company I work for has some older software out there that takes performance hits on the new versions of SQL Server, because Microsoft tweaked how some of it works. We have to tell SQL Server to emulate the old way it worked, for right now. It takes time, money, and a lot of patience to chase down performance problems, because they don't throw errors you can find easily.

Having the same issue here on an apple IPad. I was wondering if it was a problem on my end. Nice to know it’s not at least.

We ran out of storage space again. It took the hosting company multiple days to get more space allocated. Then after allocation it didn't fix things so we had to reboot the server during trouble shooting. This caused errors. It appears to be fixed for now but we're still testing

knarfeng knarfeng following your advice Frank and bringing my complaints about slowness on the Forum here.

It's tough to log in and out very often, quoting, posting pics or emoticons can take minutes, constantly error alerts have been the NORM for a couple of weeks. I'm in Europe but other Internet aspects are working fast and without any problems.

Also, I thought Gold or paid members didn't get a load of adverts turning up between posts etc, some change there?

Thanks, Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back